Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-25-2008, 09:19 PM

Default Clinch River Eagle Bend Access

On my Clinch River map it shows an access point called Eagle Bend.
Can you wade from this access point or is this a boat launch only?
Old 05-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Boat Launch, you will drown if you wade.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:23 AM

if you hold tight for a day or so, somebody on here will post directions of where to park and possibly gps coordinates for the world to see and then make a post bitchin about all the bait slingers down there and wonder where they all came from. hopefully you'll just get a discreet pm
just sayin
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 PM

TN Hound

Sorry if I hit a nerve about Eagle Bend. I thought it was a simple question could I wade.
For all others who read this post I don't need parking or GPS coordinates the map is pretty clear where it is I just didn't want to waste gas to drive down if I couldn't wade the water.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn hound View Post
if you hold tight for a day or so, somebody on here will post directions of where to park and possibly gps coordinates for the world to see and then make a post bitchin about all the bait slingers down there and wonder where they all came from. hopefully you'll just get a discreet pm
just sayin

There are no secret spots on the clinch. You can float the river from Norris dam to melton hill if you want too. The last time I checked a fly is bait, so you are a bait slinger to.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM

Default Not a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook Fan View Post
TN Hound

Sorry if I hit a nerve about Eagle Bend. I thought it was a simple question could I wade.
For all others who read this post I don't need parking or GPS coordinates the map is pretty clear where it is I just didn't want to waste gas to drive down if I couldn't wade the water.
Brook Fan,
Your question was a simple one, and I really don't see a reason for the aggressive response from another member. The simple answer, as Hans stated, is that you cannot wade from Eagle Bend. As EarlyBird said there are no secret spots on the river, especially if entering from a public access area....

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 PM

I was not trying trying to be aggressive and apologize to you brook fan, I didn't think you were asking for spots. I just get baffled sometimes when people post directions and such online in general, other sites have a don't ask, don't tell policy or it is implied. It's a free country. There are relatively few access spots on th Clinch and I would be glad to help (pm me if you want).
I've talked to you down on the river before Chem, you seemed like a nice fella - guess I hit a nerve with you
Old 05-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn hound View Post
I was not trying trying to be aggressive and apologize to you brook fan, I didn't think you were asking for spots. I just get baffled sometimes when people post directions and such online in general, other sites have a don't ask, don't tell policy or it is implied. It's a free country. There are relatively few access spots on th Clinch and I would be glad to help (pm me if you want).
I've talked to you down on the river before Chem, you seemed like a nice fella - guess I hit a nerve with you
tn hound,
I apologize to you also if I sounded harsh, I didn't mean anything negative toward you. I was mainly just trying to answer BrookFan's question, and suggest that there really aren't that many secret spots on the Clinch since it is so heavily fished. If you do have such a spot, I would keep it to myself as well. I didn't realize you were implying that somebody may unintentionally post the location of a hot spot.

I am trying to put a face with the name, I meet so many people while fishing. Did I speak with you on Friday as I was walking out of the river?

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM

I spouted off when I should've tried to help

Chem - It was last year we spoke briefly on the river down by the shelves next to Lonnie's place

peace to all fishers
Old 05-27-2008, 07:13 PM

Default Invitation

Brook Fan,
Get a hold of Daniel and get him to give you my cell number. Call and leave a message and I will take you fishing on the Clinch to public or private access and we will catch some fish, and maybe some brookies. Make it soon for the sulphurs are more fun than the standard fare of midges, sowbugs, and scuds. Bring a friend if you would like.

I am still steaming from the time a fellow threatened to "kick my ***" because I got within 40-50 yards of him above the weir. Must have been having a fishless day. I guess he didn't know I am 300# and 6'6", and carry a can of mace for the bears in the park.

There are no secret spots on the Clinch, only secret ways to fish!! LOL