Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-27-2008, 07:53 PM

Default Fly Fishing Joke

O.k. I stole this one and added a fly fishing twist, but it's a good one (at least I think it is).

Joke:

A few "big city" fly fishermen decided to go to the Smokey's to fish. They flew in from New York and drove a rental to the outfitters to meet their guide. The guide was an older fellow and grew up in Townsend and was kind of a simple country fellow. They all went out to eat breakfast before starting out and they all sat down and ordered. Within a minute or two of the waitress bringing their food, the guide had finished his meal. The city fellers winked and smiled at each other and asked him "If he wanted to save time and just go ahead and eat lunch? they would pay for it too", so he did! Then they looked in awe as he cleaned a SECOND plate in under a minute! They couldn't believe it and just to see what he'd say, they asked him if they bought his dinner as well, "would he like to save time and go ahead and eat it too?" The old guide said he would and they watched in amazment again as he ate a THIRD plate full of food in under a minute! They couldn't believe it, but they decided to give him some more grief about it anyway. Well, they all finished up and went out to the truck to head up to the mountain when the old guide just laid down on the bench outside, covered his eyes with his hat and started to go to sleep. They couldn't believe it! They asked him "why was he going to sleep?" to which he replied "I always go to sleep right after supper...no exceptions, BUT if you're willing to buy my breakfast again..."

Last edited by BlueRaiderFan; 05-27-2008 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 PM

LOL , by the way, I think your signature quote is pretty funny as well
Old 05-28-2008, 07:42 AM

Thanks I stole my signature and the joke!