Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-29-2008, 11:18 AM

Default healthy fish

i have recently had the privilege of fishing a local wild stream that is home to a bunch of really healthy fish. haven't caught anything real big, but nice fish none the less. here are a few pics (sorry bout the links and not photos, i've been trying to follow the directions on how to post pics, but for some reason my computer doesn't want to resize the pics in photobucket...? any tips are appreciated) hope you enjoy

here is a couple of healthy rainbows

and some nice browns to add to the mix

and a few scenery pics to throw in

Old 05-29-2008, 11:20 AM

sorry bout the double post...i thought it messed up and so i did it again...i guess i'm still trying to get the hang of it. please bear with me
Old 05-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Nice looking fish.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Really nice fish, particularly for Park trout. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Default Photobucket

Bugg, those are some really nice fish! If you tell me where they are, I'll help you with posting pictures...

Ok, I'll help you anyway...

For the LRO Forum an 800x600 (or smaller) sized photo works best. In photobucket you can save the image in a number of different sizes including 800x600. Assuming that you saved it in its original form/size from your camera, go to the album view and select a picture by clicking on it. You should be directed to a page with an option bar, above the picture that looks like this:

Click on the the resize arrow and select 15" Screen 800x600 (or even something smaller)
Note: This will change the size of the picture that is saved in photobucket and you can no longer go back to the larger version unless you upload it again!

Once you have resized the picture you can then link it easily into your thread on the forum. Remember you are actually not copying your pictures to the forum, you are just supplying an address (link) to them in photobucket.

In Photobucket, click on either the words "Direct Link" or in the box right next to it, for the picture you want, and you have automatically copied the picture's address link (you should get a little yellow popup box that says "Copied"). You can then go into the LRO Forum thread (or response) you are posting and click the image icon (The one circled below that looks like a mountain) while you are entering your post and you will get an address popup. At this point simply press Shift+Insert and then Enter and the location will replace the 'http://' that was in the box (this of course assumes you are using a PC instead of a Mac...if you are using a Mac I'm sure there are different key strokes, but the concept should still be about the same):

And you should then have your properly size picture inserted (click 'preview post', just to be sure):

Now about that stream............

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 PM

I love the Rainbows with the green backs and the big spots,great pics,especially the horses drinking out of the creek.Thanks!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:04 PM

petecz,

thanks man. when i was resizing them, i was clicking on message board size, not 15" screen. that was what i needed. i appreciate it. if you are ever on the nc side of things let me know and maybe we can slip off to this little jewel of a stream.

charlie

look, even a few brookies in this stream where some tributaries enter it...speckleman5 caught the slam on friday. why is the pic so big?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:38 PM

Bugg, Great pictures! Those are some big fish.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 PM

one thing guys,

these are not park fish, however, they are from a stream very close to the park and it is a wild stream. i didn't know exactly where to post it. hope that isn't too big of a deal.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Bugg, those are very respectable fish in any wild stream!