Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-31-2008, 09:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite
Default stream perfection

Tremont (or the Middle Prong as some call it) is probably the closest quality smokey mountain stream to my house. And yet, lately I have completely neglected to fish it. However, today I had some time to kill and took my son for a hike up the Lynn Camp side, and I was reminded of Tremont's pefection. From the Institute all the way up it is just a terrific stream.

It has deep enough holes that are long enough to get a good deep nymph drift through, and yet there are long stretches of water that scream for a bushy dry and a small dropper. There are some really quality fish that inhabit it ( my best a 14 inch brown) and also a ton of medium size fish (the kind that always seem hungry).

I love that it is accesable. If you only have a couple hours, pull off the road and start fishing. Or if you have all day, Hike in 2 or 3 miles before you start. It is a win win situation with that stream.

It was where I caught my first Smokey mountain trout, and where I hope in just a couple of years my son will catch his first as well.. Tremont is perfection.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:55 AM

2weight,

Just wait till Lynn Camp becomes a brookie stream! To have specs that close to home will be pretty special, too. A lot of us will miss Lynn Camp for the next few years but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

For a while I was a skeptic on the lynn camp restoration idea. But I must say, it sure is going to be nice to have some close to home brookie water. Not to mention I think they may get alot bigger up at lynn camp than they day say around chimneys. I kow it seems that I get better sized rainbows on average out of lynn camp than I do up high on the West Prong of the Little Pigeon. Hopefully that will carry over to brookies as well....