Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5
Default Finallly!!!!!!!!!

The last three years I have spent all of my free time trampling around the park wetting my line. Hours upon hours and blue lines upon blue lines I have tried my best to catch a nice park fish. Saturday, Bugg and I finally got to see me land some decent fish. I set my personal park record early Saturday morning when a 13" brown busted my #12 Yellow Palmer with a bushy yellow tail. Absolutely made my weekend. On my last cast of the day Saturday around 530 or so before we started making way back to camp, I threw up in a large deep run and as soon as my # 12 Orange Palmer hit the water it was toilet bowled and I landed a 15 inch brown to top off the day. The satisfaction, adrenaline rush, and euphoria that I experienced are exactly why I work all week to be able to fund my habit. I just wanted to let everyone on here know they need to keep casting because sooner or later you are going to get a chance. I may never have another day like Saturday, but it will be well remembered as Bugg took several pictures and even a video of me landing the last one. I'll try to get the pics of those 2 fish posted because, well honestly, I am as proud as a new papa!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the great report and congrats on the fish. They both sound like they were a blast to catch.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckleman5 View Post
The last three years I have spent all of my free time trampling around the park wetting my line. Hours upon hours and blue lines upon blue lines I have tried my best to catch a nice park fish. Saturday, Bugg and I finally got to see me land some decent fish. I set my personal park record early Saturday morning when a 13" brown busted my #12 Yellow Palmer with a bushy yellow tail. Absolutely made my weekend. On my last cast of the day Saturday around 530 or so before we started making way back to camp, I threw up in a large deep run and as soon as my # 12 Orange Palmer hit the water it was toilet bowled and I landed a 15 inch brown to top off the day. The satisfaction, adrenaline rush, and euphoria that I experienced are exactly why I work all week to be able to fund my habit. I just wanted to let everyone on here know they need to keep casting because sooner or later you are going to get a chance. I may never have another day like Saturday, but it will be well remembered as Bugg took several pictures and even a video of me landing the last one. I'll try to get the pics of those 2 fish posted because, well honestly, I am as proud as a new papa!!!!!!!
Man! You got my blood going! Nice!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 PM

you forgot to mention that we both caught the grand slam both days...i'll put some pics up soon. gotta love when all three species are in the same holes
Old 06-04-2008, 09:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5
Default pics up

Here is the 13"Here is the 15"
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 PM

Must have been fun catching those on the dry. Congrats!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:07 PM

Awesome!! Congrats!!

JF
Old 06-05-2008, 08:59 AM

Speckleman,

Did you catch those up high near one of the campsites like #24 etc?

BRF
Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM

Awesome catch! Congratulations!

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 PM

Thumbs up

Very nice browns Speckleman. I have yet to catch a brown over 8" in the Park, but I have tended to fish the bow/brookie streams more than the streams with browns. I need to get a little more experience on those waters.

Neal

Last edited by pineman19; 06-05-2008 at 09:40 PM..