Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Default Difference between 14 and 20?

To Melton Hill this afternoon with "The Seagull". One of the better afternoons in years. 26 stripers in the boat! 14 by the gull. I caught a 20 pounder and a 14(20 pounder on the top photo). Seagull got a 14 as well. Only about 5 or 6 that were about 3#. The rest 7, 8, and 9#! All on Campbell/Brandt Electric Chicken.

What an afternoon!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:31 AM

Great fish!!! What weight rod do you use while going after those hogs?
Keep the pictures coming.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Default Big day below the dam!

You guys are dogs! What does the Electric Chicken look like?
Green (with envy!)
John
Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Default More envy!

FF,
That fish would have looked much more impressive with me holding it! FF is a really big guy (those who don't know him)! And I am 145 lb (of twisted steel and sex appeal!) soaking wet! Don't think the grin would have been any bigger though!
Best,
John
Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Flyfishjeep,
We use 8 and 9 wt. rods. These fish really put your equipment, lines, and knots to the test. Not to mention your arm. The 20 pounder hit and immediately ran off the line so fast that the loose line in the bottom of the boat wrapped around my hand and for a brief panic stricken moment I thought it would break or cut my hand. Luckily I got the line loose with a quick jerk and the fish took off again. What fun!

Jswitow,
Seagull and I have proprietary rights to that fly, but I will be happy to take you sometime and show you!!

We have been there many times and were happy with one striper. For some reason we found them and they all seemed to be on the bite. Maybe the stars, but we think the fly since it has been working at Kingston earlier and now at Melton Hill.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 AM

That is OFF the Charts fellows! Nice work! Any luck throwing big clousers from the boat?

aa
2Timothy2:15
Old 06-24-2008, 08:56 PM

Default Stripers

We caught those fish from a boat.

Sorry i didn't respond sooner I was in SC learning about water in the gas tank of your flats boat. Long story I got it in my truck as well when I filled both up in SC. Amazing you pay $4/gal and you still can't get quality.

Now I just need to get that boat in 100% shape and head out again for some more of those stripers!!