Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Default Incorporating a dog and maybe a wife

O.k. as I was fishing below the dam on the Caney Fork the other day, I thought it would be great to bring my dogs and maybe my wife. My dogs are big and I don't even know if it's legal to bring a dog. My wife might be interested in going and floating around while I fish. I told her that I thought she may need a tube and an anchor with the current, even when they aren't generating. As far as the dog/s...WOuld it be safe to tie them close to the river on a long cable? I could keep an eye on them and they could get water. I just hate leaving them inside while I have fun. Any thoughts?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:33 PM

I've seen dogs tied out at Happy, right at the foot of the ramp.

sb
Old 07-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Baker View Post
I've seen dogs tied out at Happy, right at the foot of the ramp.

sb

Yeah, but can I chain the wife! Bada Bing! Just kiddin...I KNOW I couldn't chain her. I love you sig BTW.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Both could easily piss off the other fishermen. I've been going to the Caney since I was 2 years old, and I've never seen someone tubing. I've considered taking my dog, but when I was fishing on Percy Priest lake she would randomly jump in the water and splash around, even though I had her on a leash long enough to get water if she wanted. I'd say go for it if you aren't scared of getting shot a few ugly looks. It's always nice to have the company.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Well,

I think she would be in close enough to the bank not to interfere, but I'll take a closer loook the next time I go. As far as the dog, I may take him on a rare occasion or during the week when no one is there.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:56 PM

But, I've noticed that the only people bitching are the ones who aren't catching any fish

My dad and I are going tomorrow, they stop generating at 5:00 AM and don't generate again until noon so we're floating down to Happy Hollow. With any luck, I will be posting pictures of my first trout caught on the fly rod later tomorrow.

OT: BRF, I'm going to be a senior at LaVergne High School this school year, and I applied for MTSU at the end of my junior year (this May). I got accepted into MTSU a school term early, all I have to do to maintain my spot at MTSU is not fail any classes. I'm pretty psyched about it.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:58 PM

I used to take my dogs years ago before all the people found the river i still take the wife, matter of fact i'm taking her tomorrow, she still growls & barks at people though we'll leave her in the boat

Grumpy
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 PM

I may or may not see you, Grumpy, my dad and I are going and are starting to float the river as soon as the water starts falling down. We have an olive green jon boat, I'll be wearing a WVU ball cap and Oakleys (when the sun comes out) sitting in the front and my dad will be sitting in the back. Say "hey" if you find us!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I used to take my dogs years ago before all the people found the river i still take the wife, matter of fact i'm taking her tomorrow, she still growls & barks at people though we'll leave her in the boat

Grumpy

Your killing me. Hilarious!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
OT: BRF, I'm going to be a senior at LaVergne High School this school year, and I applied for MTSU at the end of my junior year (this May). I got accepted into MTSU a school term early, all I have to do to maintain my spot at MTSU is not fail any classes. I'm pretty psyched about it.
Sweet! Make sure you catch a game. We have Maryland at home this year. I think it's the second game. We had Virginia at home last year and lost by two points because our field goal kicker missed three field goals. We also play UT in men's basketball at home. The Lady Raiders are always fun to watch in b ball. I won't even go into why you should check out the dance team and cheerleaders...That's a subjective for a much younger man.