Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5

I am pretty sure he did. Not 100 percent positive though, I went camping a few weeks back with one of his roommates for the summer. Bugg is working the trail crew I will ask him for a number, I am pretty sure he did. I know he is gallivanting around with some night vis goggles and a night vision scope on the old rifle..... I ran into some people walking up to Clingmans for the sunset that said they m,et him one night and he was as startled as they were. I'll get back to ya on that one though as soon as I get some info Craig. Shoot me an email when you get some time, I have some info for you on what I think is one of our favortie watersheds.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm guessing he got rid of the hogs on the lower section of Deep Creek. I run that trail on a regular basis and during the winter there was a spot a little over a mile up the trail that was "tilled" on a regular basis. It shows no sign of hogs now.

On a related note, I saw my first hogs this past spring. I was doing a bike ride on Fontana Road (aka the Road to Nowhere). I was coming back toward town and had settled in for the long pull up from Noland Creek. Heard a rustle to my left up the hill and got a glimpse of something black. My first thought was bear cub - where's the momma and how fast can I turn this bike around and how fast can I go down hill. Turned out to be a sow and three piglets. They are skiddish creatures and were gone in a flash.