Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-16-2008, 12:56 PM

highpockets, that might have been my buddy and i you talked to. we had a fairly bad day. i caught one 12 inch bow and my buddy hit a few small browns. the rest wouldn't even look at us. now, i admit i'm still new and it has been a while since i waved the stick, but my friend has been doing this a while and his luck wasn't much better. we left about 3 pm. i noticed the feeding picking up about 2:30, but the rest of the day they stayed on bottom or subsurfaced fed. we tried everything we could think of. glad your day was better. of course, it beats working

pharmer
Old 07-16-2008, 01:07 PM

Were you the one walking by with the turkey feather in your hat? One of you taller than the other and driving the Cherokee? I was the really tall guy in the older green cherokee with the young fella in tow.

It all depends on the exact time you're standing there if you ask me. We were catching them pretty regular and then all of a sudden they turned off and we didn't see another rise for several minutes. Always wondered what turns them on and off.

How far down did you walk or did you stay around the bridge?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Default Elk

I had about three hours on the Elk Wed. afternoon. Fish took a sz 16 PA with little hesitation. Also some bigger fish liked a brassie/bead/cdc soft hackle. It is similar to a copper river. I was below the dam, in the shade and hardly anybody fishin'. Jist a little tail water groove.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:43 PM

sweet! I am going to try and squeeze in a little water time tomorrow PM.