Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Family Business

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Fly fishing but I just wanted to let you all know about Miss Lily's cafe. We went down on Sunday to get some flytying material at LRO and then get a light lunch at Miss Lily's.
To our surprise they had an awesome Sunday Brunch buffet. "There goes our light lunch".
If you guys are down in the area or are looking at a good place to eat a really nice brunch please stop in there and support a good local family business.
And then go fishing!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Default Miss Lily's Brunch

Flyfishjeep speaks the truth. Their brunch is absolutely amazing. I have been trying to convince the wife to go to early service on Sunday just to come up there to eat afterward. Unless I am mistaken, another property of theirs is the Lily Barn, and it is quite a nice place to visit as well. I attended a wedding there, and the cafe catered. But I think they are open for people to walk around and admire the hundreds of varieties of flowers. Quite impressive....

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 PM

My wife and I ate at Mrs. Lily's yesterday. Had the blackened chicken ceaser salad.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
My wife and I ate at Mrs. Lily's yesterday. Had the blackened chicken ceaser salad.
Oh gosh... YUM! I love caesar salads I just got off of a year of Roman topics, it's not my fault
Old 07-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Keeping my ever watchful eye on the boards and I had to comment.

I'm chatting with the famous Sarah from Seattle (who helps me with the message board) and I told her about this thread. She was less concerned with the mis spelling. She said, "Whatever you do, don't mis make Caesar Salad...it'll cause Sam n' ella."

Paula
Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Worrgamesguy,

A West Virginia fan thats a good fly fisherman and a good speller. What is the world coming to.....

Just Kidding

GO UL CARDS!

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM

Born and raised here in Tennessee for nearly 18 years. I've got family in WV and my grandfather would always call me his "Volunteer Mountaineer." I thought he just meant that I was volunteering to be a mountaineer because our favorite trout stream is way up in the mountains. But a few years ago I found out that the "Volunteer" part came from UT and the "Mountaineer" part came from WVU.

But I've got family in Louisville. My cousin's husband is a professor at Bellarmine.

And I just reread your post... I've caught 5 fish total on the fly rod, I began teaching myself a month or so ago. I've caught 2 browns, 1 rainbow, and 2 bream.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Well I've been fly fishing for little more than a year and am only a couple of fish ahead of you, Thanks to LRO's beginner class and Hugh Hartsell.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."