Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 PM

Default Greenbriar Report 7/18

Fished up the Greenbriar this evening. I parked at the ranger station, got in the water, and started wading upstream. I was using a dry/dropper rig consisting of a #16 yellow stimulator and a #12 green weenie. I ended up catching 17 trout in about 3 hours. I caught 15 of the 17 on the dry. It was a great day of fishing. I think I broke my pinky finger though as I slipped on a rock and fell getting out of the stream to walk back to my car . It had been about 3 months since I had slipped and got wet so it was bound to catch up to me eventually.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 PM

Show off...

Old 07-18-2008, 11:09 PM

Bad week for pinky fingers. I was at an Indiana tailwater last night and slipped. I had just released a nice brown and saw another rising in mid stream. I was wading out to a casting position and watching the fish instead of where I was walking. I tripped over a rock, fell and my hand went between two rocks on the bottom. Sliced the heck out of my pinky finger. I was leaving quite the blood trail in the river. Thought I was going to have to stop fishing and go to the hospital to get stiches. It eventually stopped bleeding with a lot of pressure and a dry rag wrapped around it.

Went on to catch a couple more nice browns before the throbbing in the finger finall started makeing it a chore to fish.

Hope your hand is OK.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2008, 11:21 PM

TroutAssassin,
Nice report on Greenbriar. Great job on catching fish. I fish Greenbriar a lot every year. I will fish down low only two or three times in a year. I stay above the picnic area and I fish the left prong toward Ramsey Cascades most of the time. However when I fish down low I catch some really nice fish. I talked to a Ranger a couple of weeks ago at the Cosby Park and he told me some one caught a 10 pound Brown below the Ranger station a couple of years ago. The way he talked there are several Browns in Greenbriar. I have never caught a Brown from this creek and I have fished out there many years. Again congrates and good luck on your next fishing trip.

May God Bless You...

Bill
Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Jeffnles, I hope it wasnt the pinky you use to measure those monster trout your catching like in your avatar picture, Just kidding!

Fly man bill, that short stretch of stream starting at the ranger station and ending when the stream finally comes back to road has been very good to me. Its maybe only a half mile section of stream, and some may consider it a little low in elevation for the time of year, but I always consistantly catch high numbers there. Nice solid fish too. I guess you could say I have their number