Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 PM

Default Elkmont report 7/18/08

Today my grandfather and i went to Elkmont. We caught 7 rainbow trout that were 5 to 6 in long. One of the fish my grand dad caught was 8 in. I was using a yellow palmer and my grandfather was useing a prince nymph. The fishing was a bit slow but we had a great time. My grand dad takes me fly fishing every chance he gets. I have only been fly fishing a couple of years. I had to wait until I was old enough to wade. Every time I go I try to learn some thing new. Today I tried to stay low and work on my casting. The water was low and clear this made fishing very hard for me. Even with the tuff conditions I had a good to with my grand dad fishing.

Brown Trout Man
Old 07-19-2008, 09:11 PM

Brown Trout Man,

Congratulations on a great day out with your grandfather. These will be days you will remember for a lifetime. Remember to thank your grand dad for getting you started fly fishing - it's a super gift.

Keep working on your game - sounds like you're on your way to being a really good fly fisherman.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 AM

Brown Trout Man,
Good job on Elkmont. It is great to see young kids take up the sport of fly fishing. By the way welcome to this board. The people that chat here will give you info on anything to do with fly fishing. Did you tie the flies that you fished with at Elkmont? Keep on fly fishing and tying flies.

May God Bless You...

Bill
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 AM

Welcome to the board youngn'. Glad to hear about some family fishing. I cherish every trip my family and I go on. Stick with the fly fishing. I still learn stuff about everytime too.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 AM

Brown Trout Man,
Welcome to the board. Nice report about Elkmont. Keep casting your flies and someday you will catch a whopper dandy... This will be a memory that will last forever. Are you using the hooks and fly tying stuff dad gave you? I hope so because you tie good flies. I place a pic. of my first fly that I tyed under general fly tying, if you get a chance take a look...

May God Bless You...

Fly Man Bill's daughter, aka. Fly Girl Betty Jo