Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-20-2008, 03:01 PM

Default INdian Boundary trip 8/7-10

Taking Gaintfish on our annual Father & Son camping trip. I decided to Car camp at Indian Boundary Front country campground in the Cherokee National Forest. I have fished the North river twice this year, but I would like to try some new water in the area, Any suggestions? Tf water levels are alright I want to try and get gaintfish his first Brookie! I may bring the canoe and fish the lake at the campground.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:58 PM

The main tellico river always fishes well. You just have to avoid the whole weekend madness. The streches just below the dam creek campground sign has fished well for me. Bald river also good fishing although it's kinda rough.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:05 PM

Vern, I camped at Indian Boundary last weekend. The Tellico is very low. I did not drive up the river as we were heading on over to the campground. There were several people cleaning fish from Citico creek in the campground. They were all the typical 10" pathetic looking stocker bows that were full of corn. Expect heavy crowds on the weekends on the main river areas.

The lake level at IB is still in good shape but the best fishing is very early or late, late evening. bass are still taking poppers working the shorelines till the sun gets high.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Vern- The water levels will definately be down unless well get some rain during the week. The north river is always one of my favorites. There is a shortcut coming back down the mountain from indian boundry that cuts over to the tellico (I hink it's called turkey creek rd.), it cuts a few miles off instead of going all the way down to oosterneck. Anyway, if you choose the north river I waould start at the area above NR campground & work my way up. The further up the more Brookie water. You can actually follow NR road up to the skyway around Stratton Meadows. As a previous poster mentioned the Bald can be rough, but there is an area past Holly Flats that has done me well in the past. There will be a bridge with a pulloff right past it where you can park. You can either fish back up river towards HF or take the trail down the right side of the river & drop in from there. If you do choose to go to the bald a side trip to the hatchery will put a smile on ya'lls face. Then there's always the Citico which is only about 5 minutes from IB campground. That being said all of the above have some decent tribs that can fish well depending on levels. i hope ya'll have a blast and that this helped out a little.