Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM

Question Where to Fish on Fort Loudon?

I'm new to fly fishing this year (after fly fishing with my Dad as a youngster and loving it), and am teaching the wife as well. We live very close to Fort Loudon, and want to fish for bream on days when we can't make it to the smokies for trout. Problem is, I don't have a boat. Spent too much on buying rods, reels, and all the rest. Can anyone recommend a good place to fish from the bank (or wading)? According to Troutman's post, we may not have any luck this time of year anyway, except early in the morning. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM

there is a huge dock on the right side of the road up Northshore. It is after the new round a bout they put in.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanks! I've been there, about a month ago, and it's very near my house...very convenient. Would you fish off the docks (deeper water), or off the adjacent shore (shallower water). There's a very fishy looking cove right there, with some shade, but we didn't have much luck...just a couple little ones. Best luck I've had is The Cove at Concord Park...caught an 11" trout on a bream fly :-)