Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 08-09-2008, 11:32 AM

Default Making a trip from Texas

the wife and i will be doing a little camping trip and were hoping to get some info on some good campsites and some good fly fishing opportunities in the north georgia/TN areas. we will be heading to savannah first to visit some family and then will make our way up to TN about an hour east of nashville for a wedding. in between we would like to camp and fly fish and just wanted to put out some feelers.

i have been doing a little research and it looks like there are some good spots in north georgia and some in TN. we fished a day on the Tellico last year and didn't fair too well. the river was too low and the fish spooky.

i appreciate any info anyone can offer and i look forward to being a new member on the site. looks like a lot of good info here.

all the best...
Old 08-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Default Welcome

Welcome to the board Typiece! Lots of great people and info here. Its a great place to learn new stuff and to share what you know with others. The Caney Fork River is a great place to do some trout fishing, you will pass it on I-40 headded west (from Ga) going east from Nashville, it comes out of Center Hill lake. Good luck to ya!
Mark <::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."