Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhandle View Post
My first Red on a topwater fly! He went for it 5 or 6 times before he tasted the hook. I'd post a picture but I don't know how to do it.
Do you have a photobucket account? They're free and easy to use. Once you set up an account, you then upload the photo to it, then do a copy and paste thing per Paula's instructions at the head of the Website and Message Board forum. I post photos too infrequently to get it right first time every time, but it's really pretty easy.

I'd be glad to help if you like. E-mail me at rsteven_baker at earthlink.net

sb
Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 PM

I'll certainly send you an email a little closer to leaving time when I know a little bit more about what my schedule will be while im down there. I'd love to see that red you caught! Hope you get it posted up.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 PM

Default Trying to post the stupid photo

I got the photo in my computer and I have it on photobucket but I still can't figure how to get it onto this message. The FAQ on this board just isn't enough for a technically challenged simpleton. It isn't such a good picture in any case. My partner took it naturally and he cropped off the tail of the fish. I'll keep trying though. I'm sorry now that I mentioned that I had a photo in my earlier post.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:11 PM

Default Photo

OK, now that the photo is uploaded to photobucket, look at the codes below it, and click the one that says direct link. That essentially does the copy, then you'll be ready to paste into a note on here. Look for the icon with the yellow background and mountains. (As I'm typing this it's right above the word photobucket in my first line). With your cursor in place in the message, hit that icon, and your photo should appear. At least I think that's the way I recall it.

sb
Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 PM

I'm still looking for the yellow icon.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:51 PM

Default Panhandle/Pic Help

The yellow square with the mts. is in the reply to thread/post window when you post on the LRO mess board. Its 3 little things over from the "globe w/ binoculars and next to the cartoon cloude. This is what lets you add the pic to your message. Hope this helps ya! post me back if not, I'll check on here in the morning.
Mark <::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."
Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM

Unhappy Picture Frustration

Fellers I appreciate your attempts to help a technical klutz but I don't see any kind of windows on this page except for the little guys below this message block. That little purple face I inserted is an example. One day I'll figure it out. Right now I'm more concerned with the storm that they say will probably be coming into the Gulf. I am supposed to be heading for Orlando on Tuesday to accompany my wife to one of her nurse junkets to a fancy shmantsy hotel. The people on the Weather Channel are getting more excited by the hour. They live for this stuff. My wife says that this area should only concern themselves with storms with names made with four letters. In another words Fay is for somewhere else. Yeah like Orlando.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Here you go Shaggy, this should get you excited about making a trip. I took this photo on one of my trips from last year.

Last edited by TroutAssassin; 08-18-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 PM

you dont see a little yellow box with triangle mountains in it? It should be right above where you type your message. If you ever do find it, go to your photo bucket account and copy the direct link address that is below the photo you want to post from your photobucket collection. Then come over to this message board and when you are posting your message click the yellow box with triangle mountains when you want to insert a photo and paste the address you copied, then post your message.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:35 PM

Posting that pic on my desktop at work! I can't wait to see that beautiful water again soon and hopefully pull some nice fish out as well.