Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-16-2008, 06:48 PM

Default Dream Trip?

Other than Yellowstone, this is my dream trip:

http://www.biltmore.com/visit/activi...ly_fishing.asp
Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 PM

I have been fortunate to fish all over the country for trout and to be honest my dream trip would not involve catching another trout. Seychelle Islands and specifically for Giant Trevally.

No offense meant to the trout crowd, but it seems anymore one trout is the same as the next the scenery just changes.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:54 PM

Giant Trevally? Never heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
Giant Trevally? Never heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.
Odd, to me that you have not heard of them.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:52 PM

I saw an episode of "Hunt for big fish" with Larry Dalberg in the Seychelles catching very large bones. maybe 12-15lb. Definitely one for the bucket list!

My current "dream trip" is to spend a couple of weeks in Canada on a remote lake and lodge throwing big flies to 40" pike. Of course anywhere spending a few days catching 20"+ smallies would be fun also!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Of course anywhere spending a few days catching 20"+ smallies would be fun also!
You can do that here Gary, the French Broad is loaded with them. I was fortunate to catch along with a partner 5 over 20" today.

My dream trips now would be for something I have not caught and definitely for something I could not catch in my own backyard.

I think sight casting for big smallies on the sand flats of Lake Eerie would be cool, or carp fishing on lake michigan. Those would be cheap trips and was thinking in this topic more about big money once in a lifetime trips.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
You can do that here Gary, the French Broad is loaded with them. I was fortunate to catch along with a partner 5 over 20" today.
I know they are there, but they seem to avoid me for some reason! I've landed 12 smallies over 17" this year,but can't seem to break the 20" mark. I need to fish the FB, Holston, and Big Pig more. we have some great warmwater rivers around here, just need a boat to get to them.

5 citation fish in 1 day! Thats quite an accomplishment. All on fly? Got any picts to share? cropped of course!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 PM

All on the fly, and I don't get into this whole citation thing. I do have pics., but am not super keen on posting them on a forum. I will e-mail them to you if you would like.

Heck you know I am happy to take you whenever.

BTW the Holston is not the river for 20" smallies, the other two you mentioned are much much much better for giant bass.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM

no need to email the picts but I do have a question for you about a FB float. You can email me at gltroutman at gmail dot com Thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
I have been fortunate to fish all over the country for trout and to be honest my dream trip would not involve catching another trout. Seychelle Islands and specifically for Giant Trevally.

No offense meant to the trout crowd, but it seems anymore one trout is the same as the next the scenery just changes.
I agree, I would definitely be in the Seychelles or the Maldives for Trevally and Bonefish, and anything else that would pull on my line.