Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 AM

Default Chimney Tops 8/17/08 report

I took one of my fellow workers at Denso on his first fly fishing trip this weekend. We went to one of my favorite places in the park that I have never seen anther person at somewhere near chimney tops. We only took one pole down and ended up having an excellent day. After giving him some instructions on how to cast and read the water we started out way up stream. There was a little bit of every thing coming off of the water but my fly selection was a size 16 parachute Adams with yellow foam post in tan and a bhpt nymph dropper. Early on in the day we caught most of our fish on the dropper while later on most came on the dry. Jeremy caught his first wild rainbow trout with in 30min of us being there and ended up catching two more before we left. He would have ended up with more than double that but he had a little trouble getting the hook set right. All in all it was a great day in the park. I got some pictures of Jeremy and his first fish I post them as soon as I get a chance.

<>< John Zimmerman