Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Glad to hear the day ended on a good note for you....I personally don't do much fishing where I have such problems....try to walk in to where such psuedo fishermen are too lazy to go....littering has always been a problem in the park....I will always honk when something goes out the window just to let them know someone is watching....it is always amazing where trash will show up even in the backcountry....your comments about picking on a stranger reminded me of when I first went to college....my roommate warned me not to pick on the little guys....they were the ones who grew up having to protect themselves and usually were the toughest.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Littering is Upsetting

Brothers, I know how you feel. Littering just p#sses me off. To speak up to three drunks when you are alone, well that takes a set brother. I admire your courage.

The only way to stop littering is to put the punishment for littering high. Say $5000 for littering in the Park. How about littering on purpose from a moving car being equal to drunk driving. I cannot for the live of me understand adults who litter. They are just morons.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM

Actually I don't think it needs to be much higher...these are federal violations even if minor....I think if you just required an appearance in the appropriate court it would make an impression.....and the appropriate court is nowhere near the park.....would probably be in Knoxville on the Tn side and Asheville or a city of like size that holds a federal courthouse on the NC side....make them come back....just the price of gas these days should make an impression on them.....or maybe take their photo when ticketed and post it at the HQ and campgrounds on a Wall of Shame where everyone could see what and who they are.....they do this with johns who get busted for soliciting prostitution and it has had an effect.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauxier View Post
what is the fine for littering in the park?I actually turned a litterer in once and nothing came of it--i got their tag number--the vehicle had a Illinois license plate--Ended up being a pretty good day--capped off by a couple of my wife's awesome BLT's--I guess I should have told them,that was not the first time I have been stared down-I boxed for a year in PacAf while I was in Vietnam--when those guys put the stare on you,they meant it-that's why I guess I did not get uncomfortable or fearful-if these guys were going to do something they would have done it--getting physical with a stranger is not an easy thing to do,because you don't know what your getting into,could be you might have abit of brutal fun beating a guy up,on the other hand you might take on a former bad kid who volunteered for the Nam,a rock and roller with one foot in the grave who would assume he was about to be beat on,but who knows someone will pay because he will get one good shot,probablya right lead followed by a roundhouse left,that is,if he can still throw a combo,but I don't think these guys were serious--I think they were just drinking and wanted impress each other probably on vacation.
Yeah, I've noticed people are braver when they have a few friends to back them up. It would have been hilarious had you put all three of them in their place.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:21 PM

You know, if you had a gun with you, it might have been different.

Allright, allright, take a deep breath, I'm kidding. Just having a little fun at work.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM

That's funny Brian.

How bout looking at them and just break into a real loud version of "It's Raining Men."

Just having fun at work too.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Griffing View Post

Allright, allright, take a deep breath, I'm kidding. Just having a little fun at work.
Heh........

Paula
Old 08-21-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Griffing View Post

*sigh*
Old 08-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Dancin with the devil there, Brian. I get the feeling the devil (a.k.a. "The Hammer") has a hair trigger right now. In a fight, I would bet on the All Mighty Administrator. We better stick to "Information, Friendship and Fly Fishing" if we know what's good for us.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2L8 View Post
Dancin with the devil there, Brian. I get the feeling the devil (a.k.a. "The Hammer") has a hair trigger right now. In a fight, I would bet on the All Mighty Administrator. We better stick to "Information, Friendship and Fly Fishing" if we know what's good for us.
Hmmm...

Paula

I actually recognize humor when I see it.