Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 PM

Gatorbaiter,

We looked in the store e-mail and could not find yours. Please forward it to my personal e-mail below. Thanks for helping me. Jack and I are leaving at 6:00 am tommorow. Can't wait!

Byron
Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Byron, that was the address I first sent the info to. I forwarded it again.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Default redfishing

Byron - I am coming to Townsend to see you on Wednesday. I hope the northeaster we had down here didn't impact the fishing too bad. I also hope you got the info I sent. I shall speak with you at the store.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Gaitorbaiter,

Thank you for the great information you have given me. The North wind was bad for fishing the first four days. The water was dirty and though we did find some tailing redfish on Scale Key they wouldn't take a fly. I also cast several times to a huge black drum that was tailing. He was not interested. On Friday the fishing improved and we made it to Atsena Otie Key. We found redfish and other non-game on the back side on the beach with the esturary behind it. On Saturday we went back but didn't do as well. We stayed there all day. There were a lot of small sharks cruising around us and we were wading but they were not threatening to us. I wonder though if the fish stayed away from that area because of the sharks. We loved the place. Paula and I are going there later next month. Do live near there?

Byron
Old 10-03-2008, 12:20 AM

I lived in Dixie County for five years. Almost hated every minute if it.

Started with building custom homes........transformed into mobile home trim outs and additions.

I was once told that the old blimp there at Horseshoe was there to look for drug runners and such.

I missed the mountain streams so much that I really didn't enjoy the salt much....other than the salt around the rim of my glass, and the ladies who served me. I did enjoy redbelly day though.....although I suppose that's up the river a way from Suwannee.

My father retired to the countryside west of Cross City. So I go to visit him every year during my off season and we get to enjoy redfish and speckled trout around the area. Too bad I was too young and dumb back when I was there....or I could have really been a great fishing bum, as opposed to a regular old fishing bum.

Anyway, I hope you guys have fun. Try the little tidal creeks around Shired Island....we usually do real well there.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 AM

Thanks Rocky,

What is remarkable to me about the Horseshoe Beach, Suwannee and Cedar Key area is the lack of development and people. There are absolutely no expensive homes and million dollar boats. The people are hard working and friendly. Go a little farther south and you see a different landscape. I'm hoping that part of Florida will remain just like it is at least in my lifetime.

And Rocky, I think you are a GREAT, NICE fishing bum.

Take Care Buddy,

Byron