Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Great report, Pete, and great pics!! Thankx for sharing.

You're right... the four corners area is phenomenal and Durango is something special. Last time I was there was '78 but I imagine it hasn't changed much. That's one trip I'd love to make again... one of these days.

Gerry
Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 PM

Default reply

a great readable report complimented by the pics--people going west for the 1st time are usually blown away by the "big sky" because it is big and soooo-blue.You make me want to go to Durango.People don't know what they are missing,when they head south to Florida etc,every year.The West is an exciting place to visit,wheather you fish or not.I always look forward to another visit.As places go,the West is about as good as it gets.The Rocky Mtns,Yellowstone,Glacier,the streams of Montana,etc somehow make you appreciate the USA and make you proud to be an American.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauxier View Post
a great readable report complimented by the pics--people going west for the 1st time are usually blown away by the "big sky" because it is big and soooo-blue.You make me want to go to Durango.People don't know what they are missing,when they head south to Florida etc,every year.The West is an exciting place to visit,wheather you fish or not.I always look forward to another visit.As places go,the West is about as good as it gets.The Rocky Mtns,Yellowstone,Glacier,the streams of Montana,etc somehow make you appreciate the USA and make you proud to be an American.
Very well put.

We lived for 10 years in Colorado and I never enjoyed it as much as I did this visit (rain and all). Its amazing the sheer magnitude on the place. In the Part I of the report there is a picture of Three Forks with the river meandering through the middle of it. The place was huge. What you can't see is that there is a herd of about 100 cattle right in the middle of the picture (2nd from the top). The valley went on for miles...

Having said all that after spending the last couple of weeks in Colorado, I went fishing on Sunday in the gorge of WPLP and I think I enjoy that place more than any other I have fished. The fish in Colorado were quite a bit larger, but the its hard to match the diversity of vegetation and the clarity of the stream...The Smokies are something spectacular in their own right. We're lucky to be here...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Great trip, great story. Thanks for sharing.

Keep'em fishing.