Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-06-2008, 03:54 PM

Default Clinch Report Sept 06

Slept in this morning and hit the water around 8:30. I sure do like when Fall rolls around and people start thinking about football and hunting, so that I can have more water to myself. Only saw one other wading fisherman, but saw an armada of canoes floating past me. Landed a dozen trout, and had a good number LDR'd. Three were in the slot, the largest being a 15" bow, one 11" brookie, and the rest 9 to 12". Caught nearly all fish on a size 20 BHPT fished below an indicator. Was also using a size 20 zebra midge in tandem, but it was ingnored all day. Switched to 7x tippet and easily doubled my strikes. I will try to post photos on the blog later today.

Looking forward to giving it a go again next weekend....

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler

Last edited by ChemEAngler; 09-06-2008 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: I didn't catch canoes....
Old 09-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Nice Report,I'm gonna have to try the Clinch one of these day's.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
saw an armada of canoes floating past me. Landed a dozen, and had a good number LDR'd.
What did you land those canoes with? Did you release the ones in the slot?

Great job on your blog! Nice pics, as well...

All of you that do fish blogs are doing a great job...keep up the good work, I really enjoy reading them...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."

Last edited by PeteCz; 09-06-2008 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: editing
Old 09-06-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCz View Post
What did you land those canoes with? Did you release the ones in the slot?

Great job on your blog! Nice pics, as well...

All of you that do fish blogs are doing a great job...keep up the good work, I really enjoy reading them...
Oops, you caught me on that one. I guess I better revise that...Had too many thoughts going on inside this noodle that I got all confused.

Thanks for your kind words.

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 09-07-2008, 09:36 AM

Love this time of year when the usual haunts are empty...I managed to get out friday after a year hiatus from the "Grinch" and I mean that affectionately...I started off with morning with the usual #18 midge compliment and pick up some fish and then switch over to a 22 blackfly emerger and it was fish about every other cast from dinks to slot size - most in the mid range, ended up with a couple dozen of fish for the day... was a great return...and some of the brookies are showing colors with mild toothy kypes...
Old 09-08-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Another Clinch River Report From Saturday

I also fished the Clinch River last Saturday. I ended up taking a fellow Denso Coop worker on his first tail water adventure. We didnít leave my apartment in Maryville until around 8 am but I wasnít too worried b/c the Clinch has been fishing so good that I didnít think it would even matter plus the water hasnít been getting down to the church until around 3:30 as of late. When we got there I was surprised to see the parking lot as full as I have ever seen it. Apparently there was an outdoor expo that Saturday and I didnít get the memo. Jeremy and I got down to the water only to find about 20 other anglers in the water fishing away, this really didnít bother me either because it has been fishing so good that you could fish behind people and still catch fish ďmost people pass a lot of fish with out even casting to them.Ē Jeremy and I proceeded to have a great day on the water. He ended up catch his first three tail water trout and I ended up with around 20 or so. One was a nice brown around 15 inches or so. I do think that after Jeremyís second fly-fishing trip ever ďthe first was our trip to the gorge in the park,Ē he is hooked. Sorry for the cheesy pun but I couldnít resist. He is already wanted to go again this weekend!

<>< John Zimmerman