Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Default Poaching Hotline Number

This has been addressed/mentioned/cussed about many times on this forum but never have I seen the number. This number is for REGION 4 which includes : Anderson, Blount, Carter, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Sevier, Sullivan, Washington, Unicoi, and Union Counties.

The number is 1.800.831.1174
Old 09-11-2008, 07:12 PM

Waste of time as you know Phil. I have called until I am blue in the face and they never call me back until 2 days later.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM

That mumber might as well not exist, like WW said total waste of time.

WW- When are we going to fish again? Jack and I enjoyed the float. Stop in the shop sometime.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:15 AM

Default waste of time?

If it's such a waste of time, what do you recomend doing?

I've had it programed in my cell phone for years. Only had to use it once. They returned my call within 20 minutes and took the information I had. I consider poaching to be the same as stealing from me, and I'm not just going to let someone get away with it.

Does anyone know the number to call for violations inside the park?

Last edited by buzzmcmanus; 09-13-2008 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: question
Old 09-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Default Poachers

I got the number from the agent out at the Rifle range while shooting skeet recently. I discussed what I had seen about 2 wks prior and he said "give us a call next time and we will come out and give them a citation". For what it's worth. If you don't call, and don't be an advocate of the river or wildlife, nothing will get done. It's foolish to run your mouth to these people breaking the law, but you can call and give a license number or location. Maybe, just maybe TWRA will have someone available and that someone will come out and help. Definition of insanity...........doing the same thing, the same way, day in and day out, and expecting different results.

We brought slots to the Clinch through the work of several people being persistant enough to get a majority of the community involved, and finally changing the wrong to a right. And while it's probably not the best plan at present for the river, it's a start.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
I got the number from the agent out at the Rifle range while shooting skeet recently. I discussed what I had seen about 2 wks prior and he said "give us a call next time and we will come out and give them a citation". For what it's worth. If you don't call, and don't be an advocate of the river or wildlife, nothing will get done. It's foolish to run your mouth to these people breaking the law, but you can call and give a license number or location. Maybe, just maybe TWRA will have someone available and that someone will come out and help. Definition of insanity...........doing the same thing, the same way, day in and day out, and expecting different results.

We brought slots to the Clinch through the work of several people being persistant enough to get a majority of the community involved, and finally changing the wrong to a right. And while it's probably not the best plan at present for the river, it's a start.
Great post!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar View Post
That mumber might as well not exist, like WW said total waste of time.

WW- When are we going to fish again? Jack and I enjoyed the float. Stop in the shop sometime.
Whenever you want. You know me, I am always looking to screw off, and I have been meaning to stop by, just haven't taken the time. Maybe this week.