Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 PM

Default Favorite Quick Trips

Hey yall, I live in Townsend and the river is just a hop skip and a jump for me to get to. A lot of times I will go fishing in the evening after work when I don't have much time to go into the backcountry to fish. Just wondering how many others do this and what are some of your favorite spots especially when conditions are warm and trout are not feeding well down low. My favorite to do this with is probably the middle prong of the little river, I can be there in just a few minutes and even if trout are not feeding well I can put on a streamer or a green weenie or something of that nature, weight it down a little and hit a few of the deep pools which are just a few steps from the truck. Don't always do all that well but hardly ever stike out. Have caught some monster rainbows from these pools
Old 09-14-2008, 06:27 PM

First i will say that you draw envy from most on this board, and definitely me, by living in townsend.

Middle prong is definitely a good place for a quick trip if you live in townsend. I would also try the west prong of the little river, good fishing there too. Personally i don't think there are any other "quick" trips that i would qualify as good during warm water conditions. However, since you live in townsend, it wouldn't be that far away for you to go up 441 and hike down the dome to some of those streams. While this may not classify as "quick", the fishing can't be beat, especially when waters at lower elevations are warm.