Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Default Caney Fork 10/11/08

My grandfather came into town again, so we had to go fishing. He was spoiled by all the fish we caught a couple weeks ago, and wanted more action... There wasn't much action to be had. I rented a kayak so I could see if I wanted to buy one of my own. It was a hassle but a lot of fun.

I caught 2 rainbows, one about 8 inches the other about 10. I caught a spunky 12 inch brown that lept out of the water multiple times, and used his tail to "walk" across the water so I thought that was really cool. I did have a question- I lost 3 fish on my EHC indicator. I hooked into one, stunned the other two. Why do I keep losing them? Should I tie the tippet for the dropper up near the fly materials instead of on the hook itself? It's not a matter of waiting, I tried that one. I've heard about waiting until you see their fin, did that, and one I didn't even know took the fly until I saw it under water, he was the one I hooked but I didn't even have him on the line 10 seconds.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:50 PM

I went below the dam today. Had some action on my red indicator (three strikes), caught one on my olive zebra midge, but he got off. Tried a white scud, but nothing. The guy next to me said that a white bugger was working. I saw another guy striping a streamer or bugger or something and he caught two in the hour and a half that I was there. Looks like streamers are the way to go.