Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 PM

yeah, you must be working on a computer that is a few years old. You probably won't be able to watch it in HD. There is a button on teh screen on the video if you put your cusor over it, and it says HD is on. Click it and it will turn HD off, and you should be able to view without and jumpiness, but you won't get the HD. It's still pretty good in SD.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 PM

great footage, couldn't watch it all because my internet is so slow. makes me want to get out there right now

if you don't mind me asking, where were you guys for most of it?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:45 PM

Nice video!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Where were we?
In the Smokies .
Old 10-16-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
Where were we?
In the Smokies .
There are no secret spots in the Smokies...

If I had to guess it was on the NC side and looked a bit like Deep Creek or Hazel. The footlog would be a giveaway for those folks that have been to the stream you were on, so if you truly wanted to disguise where you were, you probably should have left that shot out. The water level was fairly nice, so if it was Deep Creek, you must have shot/fished it just after the recent rains.

I think RW was asking for which stream(s) you fished, not the exact location you caught each fish...but thats just my observation...

And just to reiterate...its a great video!

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 PM

That is a fantastic video! I was talking to a buddy today about making a trip like that. I sent him the link and now he is on board. Great job.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:51 PM

I never said there was a secret stream in the smokies. I wasn't trying to disguise it either. I am sure anybody who's been there could recognize it. It's not my style to blab about streams on the net unless it's stocked, and even then I don't really like to say (rarely do). If you know where it is... great, if you don't... there's no good that could come from highlighting it for the whole world from my perspective. Face to Face I'd tell most anybody, but I just don't like the idea of posting it on the net. It's just my own personal belief and I know that not everyone will agree, but isn't anything in life that way. Anyway sorry I didn't want to name it, and I know it's not a secret, but I just can't do it. Hope I didn't offend anybody, and while some won't understand, I am sure many do.

Take care and thanks to everyone for the kind words on the video. I enjoyed making it and fishing with good friends.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinMS View Post
That is a fantastic video! I was talking to a buddy today about making a trip like that. I sent him the link and now he is on board. Great job.
Yeah, I agree. It makes me ready to go back. Use it as a recruiting tool for your next trip . It's just hard to get most to commit to a trip over several days with many miles of walking.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
Face to Face I'd tell most anybody, but I just don't like the idea of posting it on the net. It's just my own personal belief and I know that not everyone will agree, but isn't anything in life that way. Anyway sorry I didn't want to name it, and I know it's not a secret, but I just can't do it. Hope I didn't offend anybody, and while some won't understand, I am sure many do.
You didn't offend anyone, and please don't take my comments the wrong way. I think sometimes people outside of the area are interested in the general names only because then they could say "that sounds/looks awesome, someday when I get down that way, I'd like to give that a try".

If you'd rather not do that then perhaps you shouldn't taunt them with videos in HD...

Or at least tell them to shoot you an email...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM

People outside the area owe it to themselves to fish the gems in the smokies. But rather than me tell them...They should stop by the great shop that sponsors this forum. I'm know they could tell folks way more than I ever could.
Plus Paula is one of the nicest ladies you could ever meet.