Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM

Nice video! If you could get more action and pictures of actually catching fish, you could sell it.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:12 AM

yeah, at some point it becomes a gray area...
I have to ask myself, am I here to fish, or here to shoot video. I like fishing a lot more, so I do alot more than the video part. Plus since I am backpacking I have to be careful about battery cause once it goes dead the video is over too. No recharging out there. I didn't run out, but I was careful about not shooting constantly, but if I had been we could have had lots and lots of hook ups.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:18 PM

Is that just a regular cam corder? Is there any way you could convert one of those battery powered cell phone chargers? You could just buy a couple extra batteries. Maybe you could just wait on your firends to catch them and you could flim. It seems like you know how to make high quality video. Anyway, if you went back and got some more film of catching fish and mixed it with this episode, I think you might have enough to market it. I know I would buy it if you spiced it up a bit with some nice views and lots of trout catching. Either way, that's great footage. I wish I knew how to do something like that.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:34 PM

Great video!! Makes me want to go back right now. Maybe we can get out in the spring. I know it must take a lot of time, but keep them coming for us guys that can't get over that often!! THANKS!!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
Is that just a regular cam corder? Is there any way you could convert one of those battery powered cell phone chargers? You could just buy a couple extra batteries. Maybe you could just wait on your firends to catch them and you could flim. It seems like you know how to make high quality video. Anyway, if you went back and got some more film of catching fish and mixed it with this episode, I think you might have enough to market it. I know I would buy it if you spiced it up a bit with some nice views and lots of trout catching. Either way, that's great footage. I wish I knew how to do something like that.
Glad you like it. Maybe someday if somebody paid me, I do it better, by dropping my own fishing rod, and just sticking with the camera, but for now it's just for fun. I am glad you like it, and enjoy it for free. I have a few of the videos I paid for and I think it rivals them considering the amount of time they put in (several months) and the amount of time I put in a few days fishing with a few hours editing.

Glad you liked it, and to answer your question, yes, it's a regular consumer HD video camera. I've just starting thinking about one of those solar chargers, but no way to know if I could convert it to work on my batteries. I carry about 35 lbs. of crap back in there without the camera, so anything extra starts getting annoying. I've used a couple profesional cameras, and the quality difference is negligiable except the camera I was shooting with is very low weight...a good thing when you're carrying it on your back.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguys View Post
Great video!! Makes me want to go back right now. Maybe we can get out in the spring. I know it must take a lot of time, but keep them coming for us guys that can't get over that often!! THANKS!!
we will be out there several times in the upcoming spring. If you see us, say hello!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
I never said there was a secret stream in the smokies. I wasn't trying to disguise it either. I am sure anybody who's been there could recognize it. It's not my style to blab about streams on the net unless it's stocked, and even then I don't really like to say (rarely do). If you know where it is... great, if you don't... there's no good that could come from highlighting it for the whole world from my perspective. Face to Face I'd tell most anybody, but I just don't like the idea of posting it on the net. It's just my own personal belief and I know that not everyone will agree, but isn't anything in life that way. Anyway sorry I didn't want to name it, and I know it's not a secret, but I just can't do it. Hope I didn't offend anybody, and while some won't understand, I am sure many do.

Take care and thanks to everyone for the kind words on the video. I enjoyed making it and fishing with good friends.

not a problem lab. i completely understand
Old 11-07-2008, 11:46 PM

Are there PM's on this board?
Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator

No, Labrador, sorry. Private Messaging has been disabled.

Paula
Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Just a test post, to see if everything's working...I guess it is.