Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 PM

Default Bryon's stealth Shrimp

Did you get that one tied? If so, I'd like to tie some up to throw at Snook, reds Baby Tarpon in the mangroves on Sanibel and glades this winter.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:45 PM

I tied up a bunch of them in different colors. I used them in Florida three weeks ago. They didn't work but the conditions were not right. The water was discolored in the marsh and out in the deeper clear water the fish were deeper. I'll try them next week. Here they are:

Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM

Thanks, going to tie some up for some Baby Tarpon that have been seen too many streamers.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 PM

What makes them sink?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM

They don't sink. They dive under due to their shape. I think they might work on oyster beds where you don't want to get hung up.

Byron
Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 PM

Those look great Byron! I wonder how they would do on a sink tip or full sink line? Anyway, looks like a fish would pound it!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:25 PM

Default Stealth Shrimp

Hello Byron,
I hope all is good. We ( the family and I ) sure miss the mountians. When I returned from Townsend I tried the Stealth Shrimp you gave me on some young schooling bass and it was very productive. I went to waccasassa on Thursday. We came out of the river and turned north toward Cedar Key. I fished the Stealth Shrimp, again it was very productive. Three slot reds and the specs wouldn't stop. They distroyed the foam,but I kept casting. Please Help!! I didn't see them online for sale, if they are even for sale. You must be coming back to FL. because the wind tonight must be blowing 25 knts. and cold, and that looks like the forecast for the next week. Ha Ha!! I probably shouldn't joke seeing that I need help with shrimp. Thanks again,

Herb
Old 11-15-2008, 11:56 PM

Byron,
I really like the look of those "stealth shrimp", and it sounds like they work really well. Are you selling them? .....I really need to learn how to tie flies, because I believe i'm headded to the poor house due to my addiction of buying fly gear and flies. One day I'l learn to tie and start saving money.

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."
Old 11-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Default Tie and save!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpopper View Post
One day I'l learn to tie and start saving money.

That's funny. I don't even want to know how much $$ I have tied up in materials.

sb
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM

Hey Guys,

We don't sell them because they are not currently being tied by a production tying company. The concept was invented by Kent Edmonds who is a friend of mine. All I did was take his bass fly, add some eyes and tied some legs off the back of the fly. I wouldn't copy his method and sell flies. He works for Rainey's Flies and I hope they start tying them, expecially now that I know they will catch fish. You can go to his website and get the instructions and templates to cut the foam. I use mono eyes and sili legs with some Krystal Flash tied into the back of the fly which is the mouth of the shrimp. Click Here.

Byron