Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Question Visitor Message???

Paula,
I just noticed that we now have an option to leave a visitor message. What is this function, and how does it work? Is it similar to PM?

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Administrator

It allows messages to pass from visitors to the site to members who allow it in their user cp. It is new and it is a disabled function, sorry. It just opens a whole sticky problem.

Paula
Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 PM

Default Paula, I need you to look into this.

I have been away from the Forum for a number of weeks and I noticed that the tone of everything seems to have changed quite a bit while I was gone. People are changing their user names and avatars. Even more alarming is the way the new forum judges people and their relationships.

I had been unable to go fishing with Charlie this week and I was wondering how he did (he's trying awfully hard to catch a fish in the park in December and keep his monthly streak going...). It looks like the LR had a few 5' waves roll through Townsend on Thursday/Friday, so I thought I would check the board to see if he posted about his adventure in the Park.

I didn't see any posts in the usual places, so I went to the members link to see if I could find his most recent posts. When I got there, I was very saddened to learn the following:

Now for those of you that don't know him, Charlie is a really nice guy and has turned into a very good flyfisherman (and fishaholic), as well. I see no reason why he hasn't made any friends - is it really true? I could believe it about RiverCanine (or whatever his name is this week...), but not Charlie. Has he not made any friends yet?? How does the forum know he doesn't have any friends? I think its overstepping its bounds.

I believe there is some form of an error with the forum, I would consider him my friend (of course there was that time he made me fish in the thickets in Jakes Creek, but......I won't keep holding that against him...)

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 12-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Pete,

I've taken care of that. I friended nvr2L8. Anyone who will share a family recipe with me is a bff*.

Paula

*Best Friend Forever
Old 12-13-2008, 11:17 PM

Default Great minds

Paula,
(SNIFF, SNIFF) I am touched beyond belief. Actually, there are many who would agree with that.

Without having seen this post (my champion, Pete, sent me the link), I responded with "BFF" to your invitation. Anything else I would say at this point would just sound gushy and I'd only embarrass myself.

Pete,
As much as I wanted to get out, the size of the water scared me off. If you've once had your feet taken out from under you by a swift Little River, it's not an experience you want to repeat. However, there's an excellent chance for Tuesday if the water temp recovers and the level receeds a bit.

Many thanks to both of you - my heart is warmed more than I can say.

BTW, much to my dismay, I saw a silver Jeep Cherokee today with the license plate NVR2L8. I was considering getting my TU brookie plate printed with that moniker. Who knew? If the owner of said Jeep is out there, I'm willing to negotiate.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com