Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-14-2008, 01:31 PM
afoshie afoshie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
Default

That is ice from the cooler had to bring it home biggest ive caught hate to do that but couldnt resist. would not fit in the cooler so I had to put in a trash bag and cover it went just over 26 inches and 7.25 pounds
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Troutman's Avatar
Troutman Troutman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seymour, TN
Posts: 1,277
Default

It will make a nice mount for the wall. Great colors on that fish.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Worrgamesguy's Avatar
Worrgamesguy Worrgamesguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 662
Default

There is only so big a trout will get before it dies of age, so I'm sure it didn't have much longer to live.
__________________
Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
milligan trout degree's Avatar
milligan trout degree milligan trout degree is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Tn
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
There is only so big a trout will get before it dies of age, so I'm sure it didn't have much longer to live.
I bet he could have had another half foot to go. I've personally seen two 30"+ fish come out in the last two weeks and I've heard about atleast a handful 26"+ in the same amount of time. Trophy browns are fairly common there. That doesnt mean they're often caught, it just means that no matter where you're fishing at, there is probably one pretty close to you. I don't criticize him for keeping it, its a beautiful fish, and they're still out there, and growing.



afoshie, great fish, but why not go ahead and bump up the tippet size when throwing the streamers? I usually dont thrown a streamer on anything less than 3x. I'm anticipating a big fish and want to be ready for battle when it comes.
__________________
"I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
ChemEAngler's Avatar
ChemEAngler ChemEAngler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,141
Default 12/14 Clinch Bow

Caught today on a #20 bhpt. Not big, around 14", but still put up a good fight.

__________________
Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Worrgamesguy's Avatar
Worrgamesguy Worrgamesguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milligan trout degree View Post
I bet he could have had another half foot to go. I've personally seen two 30"+ fish come out in the last two weeks and I've heard about atleast a handful 26"+ in the same amount of time. Trophy browns are fairly common there. That doesnt mean they're often caught, it just means that no matter where you're fishing at, there is probably one pretty close to you. I don't criticize him for keeping it, its a beautiful fish, and they're still out there, and growing.



afoshie, great fish, but why not go ahead and bump up the tippet size when throwing the streamers? I usually dont thrown a streamer on anything less than 3x. I'm anticipating a big fish and want to be ready for battle when it comes.
I know he could have reached 30"+, but how long would that take him to get there... About another year, maybe a little bit more, but not much longer in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Caught today on a #20 bhpt. Not big, around 14", but still put up a good fight.

I've been noticing that all the Clinch rainbows have a strange dorsal fins. It reminds me a lot of greyling, which I believe are related to trout.
__________________
Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Stonefly's Avatar
Stonefly Stonefly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 608
Default

Hope it wasn't in a cooler, hate to see dead fish...

sb

edit - I missed page 2...
__________________
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
3wt's Avatar
3wt 3wt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 65
Default

What is strange about that fish's dorsal fin? It looks normal to me.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Worrgamesguy's Avatar
Worrgamesguy Worrgamesguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
What is strange about that fish's dorsal fin? It looks normal to me.
The rear of the fin towards the tail isn't attached. Ever seen a greyling?



All the rainbows I've ever caught had the fin attached at both ends:
The Caney Fork here in TN
The Cranberry River in WV
And a lake in CA

But a few of these guys who fish the Clinch and post pictures of their rainbows have had that same, strange dorsal fin. I've just never seen anything like it.
__________________
Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
3wt's Avatar
3wt 3wt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 65
Default

That is typical of all rainbow trout
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.