Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-07-2008, 06:51 PM

Default SOHO 12-6-08 pics

Me and Ben went fishing on the weir of the south holston. It satrted on a rough day from getting a ticket, to being cold, to snowing, and then driving off with the rod on the car.(got it back though). Anways Started out with the pulsing from 830 to 915.Then went to a run that had some monster fish in it. I caught 5 or 6 and had one that was on for bout 5 secs and just ran down stream and broke me off. Then had another one on and lost it by not paying attention and having to much slack in my line. Ben caught one 23inches, beautiful female. We caught fish all day between the range of 15-23. Good day.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Nice pics! I've been putting off making the drive to Elizebethton, never seem to have enough time in the day and end up at the Clinch. Well, I'm gonna make time now. Do you think the weir is a good place to start? Another question: Do you or you're buddy happen to be an electrician? I noticed the Klein thermos in the back pocket.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patillac View Post
Nice pics! I've been putting off making the drive to Elizebethton, never seem to have enough time in the day and end up at the Clinch. Well, I'm gonna make time now. Do you think the weir is a good place to start? Another question: Do you or you're buddy happen to be an electrician? I noticed the Klein thermos in the back pocket.

My dad is an electrician. He got that thermos from a supply company in knoxville and let me have to especially for cold fishing days. Kept coffee hot for six hours today in below freezing temps. One of my best pieces of equipment. The wiers is decent place to fish. The redds get really busy by the bridge. Its up to you if you want to battle fish. Not really my style though. There is a trail that runs along the river and you can walk for a long way. I haven't seen the end of the trail so I don't know how long it is, but it offers a lot of access.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 PM

Great pics. Thanks for the report. Can I be nosey and ask what you got them on. We went yesterday and couldnt handle the cold very long.

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 PM

That is a beast of a fish! Seems a little bigger than 23", you gotta figure your knuckles are pretty much 6" across on average. Either way, NICE!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:41 PM

Post Fish and Photographs

What a trip. Great fish and pics.
What is the story on the broken net? Fish, rocks, fall?
Anyway thanks for sharing.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Not sure which is really bigger... the fish or that $hit-eating grin!

Nice fish!!
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 PM

Very nice. Thanks for the report and pics. Planning to be up there this Friday. Forecast is for 37 deg hi, so hopefully that will keep some people off the water.

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 12-08-2008, 12:51 AM

The net was damaged on a day i hooked into a 21inch brown...big male back in october and he jumped in the net and i was doing everything to catch him. He landed right on the edge of it and it snapped...old net though...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnsman View Post
Great pics. Thanks for the report. Can I be nosey and ask what you got them on. We went yesterday and couldnt handle the cold very long.
That fish was caught on an egg pattern, however my most productive fly has been a biot bodied bwo nymph. I've also caught a few on zebra midges, bwo emergers, and ptails recently. I always like to try a streamer of some sorth when I go out. Sometimes it'll catch a bunch of fish, sometimes it won't catch jack. Yesterday it caught this fish however,