Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 12-16-2008, 03:16 PM

Sorry Paula. I sometimes take for granted that people know such trivial things or at a minimum, have seen the movie.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytroutman View Post
Sorry Paula. I sometimes take for granted that people know such trivial things or at a minimum, have seen the movie.
I thought it was hysterical! Besides, you didn't mention the source.

Anyone who hasn't seen or read Citizen Kane deserves to be spoiled...which is why I mentioned it.

Paula
Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 PM

Wow...look what I started. I've done the garbage can lid thing - when I was in the Air Force up in Oklahoma. We had a real good ice/snow storm, and the roads were just like a skating rink. We tied a rope to the trunk of the car, and my wife towed me around the neighborhood...what a blast, except when it looked like I was about to eat the curb....

BTW - we still had some snow on the ground Saturday, but by Sunday it was all gone. Now it's in the 70s - like it never happened...but I have the pictures to prove it!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM

Default Forget Rosebud

Best movie sled scene was Chevy Chase's snow disk ride in Christmas Vacation. Sparks flying, airborne, crossing roads, crashing through trees. Classic. Rosebud's a little on the ho-hum side. "Terminator" is a much better sled name.

When fishing is slow, it's a lot more fun to talk sledding than gun control.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 12-16-2008, 10:41 PM

You have not experienced sledding until you go down a W,Va hillside dodging cow pies on an car hood and end up in a muliflora rose bush. Or trespass on the local golf course on a toboggan and drop into a sand trap and dislocate your coccyx bone (tail bone) and have the local Police catch you because you can't run due to the pain. Or get picked up again 3weeks latter for building a fire on the ice on the Ohio River, or sneaking off to the woods with a six pack under my coat and slipping on the ice as the police car pulls by and all the beer falls out (he took by beer and let me go that time). Winter of 77' was a fun winter and all the cops knew me by first name by the end of it. I hope Gaintfish doesn't read this, he thinks that I was model child during my teenage years!!!!!