Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 PM

Default Clinch river 12/13/08

So I hit the for side of Miller's Isle this morning. The report said 1 generator from 7 am till 9 am, so I got out there set up about 10 am. The river was dropping a bit and I caught a few. I fished the small feeder stream on the far side of the far leg where the river splits. As I was waiting for the river to drop a bit more, I decided to walk back to the bank of the island and fish the bigger water. Why is getting to harder to wade? And why are the shoals sinking! It took about a second to realize that "water may rise rapidly without warning"! I sprinted all the way back to landing fearing it would be a 2 generator push, cuz thats what it looked like. Not sure why they decided to run unannounced generators on a otherwise beautifull Sat. morning. I hope everyone got out in time!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:52 AM

I've been meaning to ask, what age defines "boy?" I'm trying to find out if I'm the only youngin on here.

But, good thing you noticed before it was too late!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Miller's

I always plan on 2 hours after they cut off to head to Miller's for safety purposes. That place requires one to carry matches to stay warm for the night if you get caught and don't have anybody to come get you. Be careful.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM

Default close call

Yea I usually get there as it drops so I can prospect a bit with streamers in the higher water and then i am where i know i wanna be when it drops out so i can get in the slots I know hold fish. I make a point of using visual aids, ie..shoales, stumps or whatever and i will occasionally ckeck to see how the water is in relation. You couldn't miss it Sat. the darn shoales went from two feet exposed to underwater in no time at all. To answer your ?'s I am 33 but i will always be a kid!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:06 PM

Guess I am the youngest.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post

Guess I am the youngest.
Trey,
I think Giantfish is 14 or 15, but I haven't seen him around for sometime. Also there is a new guy, tarheelflyfishing, and I think he is 16.

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Boy View Post
Yea I usually get there as it drops so I can prospect a bit with streamers in the higher water and then i am where i know i wanna be when it drops out so i can get in the slots I know hold fish. I make a point of using visual aids, ie..shoales, stumps or whatever and i will occasionally ckeck to see how the water is in relation. You couldn't miss it Sat. the darn shoales went from two feet exposed to underwater in no time at all. To answer your ?'s I am 33 but i will always be a kid!
CarolinaBoy,
I checked the actual generation numbers from Saturday and you are correct. They show that they went to 0 generators for 1 hour and then turned 1 on for one hour. That is a very unusual schedule for the Clinch.

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 PM

There is another young'un...g8rb8phiser92....he just turned 16 but he is already talking fish trash around me like he was 26.....
Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Trey,
I think Giantfish is 14 or 15, but I haven't seen him around for sometime. Also there is a new guy, tarheelflyfishing, and I think he is 16.

Travis
Really now... That makes me feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog 1 View Post
There is another young'un...g8rb8phiser92....he just turned 16 but he is already talking fish trash around me like he was 26.....
Fish trash? Their ages make me wonder what kind of setup they have and how often they can make it to the river. I'm hoping they stop generating as much on the Caney so I can go on Saturday, it's been a solid month since I've been fishing.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM

I just turned 16 on the 9th. There are quite a few young people on this board.