Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 PM

I can't tell anyone about studs...I've never had any.

I will however be getting a pair of Korkers with interchangable soles for my next boots! Shouldn't need them for a while tho Unless our local tailwaters/parks decide to put a ban on felt soles

My Blog: Fly Fish East Tennessee
www.flyfisheasttennessee.blogspot.com

><>
Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 PM

What is the protocol for cleaning between streams? I seem to remember a bleach/water slurry soaking regimen, but not sure of proportions and times. This was the school solution for a while, anyone remember it? Any F&W Services banned felt on a blanket or stream basis? Any guides prohibiting them? If rubber becomes default sole, will be overtaken by events when that is all that is available for sale. Watson
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecatcher2 View Post
Not to sound pedestrian about the topic but since I only have one stream that I can get to on any regular basis, it seams to me that the microcosmic gunk that I have on my boots I got from that stream and thats where my boots will be headed again even after being cleaned when I get home. Am I misinformed?
Treecatcher-

To get back to your original question, I think you've got it figured right. If you're not transferring cooties from one stream to another, there's no problem.

-Milton
Old 02-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
You would think that stuff would die or decay if you kept your gear in a dry ventilated room for a 4-5 days between trips.
Of late I have been reading technical papers regarding whirling disease. The thing that struck me was a paper that found whirling disease spores surviving 30 years of freeze-thaw temperature cycles and drought/wet cycles.