Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Default Floating the Caney

How far are Betty's and HH from the dam (In hours if you know). Also, which is better for fly fishing, a pontoon, or canoe, or kayak? I would like a pontoon, but it seems like you are always facing the wrong way to cast a drift free cast.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 AM

Default Blue

Straight rowing from the dam downstream will put you at Betty's in about 2.5 hours! During 1 generator make sure to catch it on the fall and you should have a good float. This of course will get you half way downstream rather quickly. This is a float to where you want, fish, float, fish style river. It's becoming more and more combat like on that river and it kind of forces you to fish this way. I'd reccomend picking another river! I mean that seriosly..Super crowded.

As far as watercraft any will do even during generation (1 generator). It's a cake of a river.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:16 AM

Thanks...I noticed a Cordell Hull sign today on the way back. I wonder if they stock trout there and how much further it is from Nashville than the Caney?