Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM

I was not overly impressed with the performance on the TT, although it does cast nice, it does not mend well at all. I think mending is a little more important than distance casting , in most situations.
Another reason casting a line in the yard just isn't good enough to persuade a purchase. I like to fish one , or speak to someone I trust, that has fished one.
My .02.

JW
Old 05-15-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubefisher View Post
Grumpy sold me the sylk and the TT.
And, to add, it is never a good idea to trust the guy selling you the line, especially when they are so concerned with deploring posters who posted negative comments about the product.

The wulff tt is just an overpriced, not so durable shooting head that is hard to fish and won't last as long as other similarly priced lines. Thus, my comment that I wouldn't fish it if it were free.

Coming from someone who tried it in on multiple rods and who doesn't like turning down free stuff.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
And, to add, it is never a good idea to trust the guy selling you the line, especially when they are so concerned with deploring posters who posted negative comments about the product.

The wulff tt is just an overpriced, not so durable shooting head that is hard to fish and won't last as long as other similarly priced lines. Thus, my comment that I wouldn't fish it if it were free.

Coming from someone who tried it in on multiple rods and who doesn't like turning down free stuff.
That's a better response, i've had better experiences with the lines, thank goodness there are many manufacturer's of lines to please everyone.

Grumpy
Old 05-15-2009, 12:16 PM

IMHO (and it's worth what you paid for it) I like Cortland's Precision Platinum line

Old 05-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Just to get things stirred up again, I just finished lawn casting a 5wt triangle taper on a Thomas and Thomas 9ft Spring Creek. It's an older T&T (All my rods are old rods) I had the line on an old Orvis DXR reel and forgot it was a triangle taper. It casted great. Made long casts easier and I had no trouble with arial mends or curve casts. The last time I fished it was on a T&T Beaverkill cane rod on the Henry's Fork, and it did fine there. The line was not the problem, but the reel. I lost a couple of good fish when the drag was set too light and the spool turned so fast it caused bird's nests and the trout busted off the leader. Apparently when I bought a new reel, I just kept the line on the DXR. I'm thinking about putting that triangle taper on a reel I fish. Just one more opinion to confuse the issue.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:34 PM

No confusion here Silvercreek, folks either like it or hate it

Grumpy
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM

It would be dull world if everyone liked the same thing. The point I was trying to make and danced all around was that I had an unbiased reaction to the line, because I did not realize what I was casting until afterward. I had cast the same rod the day before with an older SA line, and the TT definetly cast better with THAT rod. Ah choices,choices.