Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM

Default Group Formed to benefit Project Healing Waters

First off, I'm new here and this will be my first post outside of the introductions thread. This is a cool board you have going with lot's of activity. Very cool. I'm here at the urging of a couple of your members that said I needed to sign up and participate. I'm glad they talked me into it.

I want to tell you about a fundraiser coming up on the Caney Fork to benefit Project Healing Waters. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years but quite frankly, I was just a little scared of tackling this type of project. I was talking to a couple of guys over on a middle Tennessee based board, I live in Murfreesboro, and they felt like I did and said they'd help so, here we goooo....

The group is called Nabours And Friends for Project Healing Waters. Here is a link to the first post on our blog, and it will kind of give you a little info about the deal. http://naboursandfriends.blogspot.co...-was-born.html

Anyway, we've been spreading the word now that we finally have the dates nailed down. April 10 & 11 are the main dates. I have rented the picnic shelter for the 10, 11 and 12th just incase anybody wants to stick around another day.

The current plan is to have dinner and live acoustic music under the picnic shelter at Long Branch Campground right there below Center Hill dam. We've invited Sam and Annie Tate, "The River Just Knows" as well as others. Sam says he thinks he can make it but will let us know for sure in a week or so.

Saturday morning is a group breakfast at the same place and then off for a little fishing. We have been in contact with our PHW regional reps and they are going to bring some soldiers over to fish with us. Don't know for sure how many but if you are interested in taking a vet fishing that weekend, this could be your chance. We have some people already comitted to floating some soldiers including LRO Forum member Luke Warmwater, and Jarrod White. Rockyraccon says he's in if he isn't booked. We could probably use another boat or two. We'll take care of shuttles for the weekend.

After fishing a while on Saturday we'll gather again for the auction and raffle and a late lunch/early supper.

Auction and raffle items are still being confirmed however we do have a handmade bamboo rod that deLeo is putting together, a NuCanoe 12 Tandem Ultimate Adventurer boat fully rigged out, some stuff from Mono-Master and Montana Fly Company, guide trips in both TN and Montana, a book of Drawing Flies 365 from artist Jeff Kennedy and a bunch of other stuff. It is also a very good possibility that we'll have an autographed guitar signed by a Grammy Award winning group. I'll be posting an entire listing in the next week.

I know you guys have Troutfest and other interests of your own. I'd like to be at Troutfest but I'll be working that weekend. I'm hoping though, that you might want to come over and join us if you have time. At the very least, I'm hoping you'll help us spread the word.

I also want to thank Paula and Byron for not only allowing us to post about this here, but encouraging it and their kind offers of help.

If any of you need more information, you can reach me here of course, or by email-- NaboursAndFriends@gmail.com

Again, thank you very much and I welcome any comments or questions right here as well.

Ron
Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 PM

First off welcome to the board and thanks for what you are doing in the project healing waters. I can not assist much in the work but my wife and I can come to the auction and drawings. Keep us posted and I will check out your blog and the associated websites. I think this is awesome when someone takes out of their time to do such commendable things.