Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-11-2009, 10:01 PM

Default Clinch Slots - From the Hardware Guys

Where is Running Wulff by the way?

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubb...gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 PM

I am here, even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then

Too bad folks like them do not realize the bullseye they have now placed on the river. Sad, day in reality.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:21 PM

Default Wrong Wulff

Ohh, I know WaterWolf . We have worked so hard to get it back and put targets on our backs as well. (You know what I mean by that statement as well).

PS. Ruining Wullff aka. running wulff, was a guy on here with 6 page rebuttals for not having slots on the Clinch.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 AM

Default I just threw up!

PUKE
Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Too bad folks like them do not realize the bullseye they have now placed on the river. Sad, day in reality.
A bullseye? Alittle dramatic don't ya think?? I see pictures posted on these forums every day of nice fish being caught in many different rivers with location specifics listed. Does that mean every angler for miles is running to their car and bum-rushing that particular river that day? No.

The original poster on the linked site above didn't say where on the Clinch those fish were caught, just that they were caught in the Clinch River and that he feels the slot limit is starting to show signs of progress.

I'm excited to see what that fishery can produce in the next couple years. By the looks of it, it will be fantastic. I'm jealous!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMontanaAlum View Post
A bullseye? Alittle dramatic don't ya think?? I see pictures posted on these forums every day of nice fish being caught in many different rivers with location specifics listed. Does that mean every angler for miles is running to their car and bum-rushing that particular river that day? No.

The original poster on the linked site above didn't say where on the Clinch those fish were caught, just that they were caught in the Clinch River and that he feels the slot limit is starting to show signs of progress.
In a way I agree with you, but I also know how many people have told me that they are waiting to see positive results from the Clinch before returning. I do expect to see an increase in fishing pressure there this year, especially if there is a sulfur hatch like last year. Thankfully my job allows me to fish some during the weeks and avoid weekends. I could not believe the number of vehicles there last summer from Georgia, Alabama, and SC.

Also, anyone who is reasonably familiar with the Clinch will know where those fish came from.... That is why I try to eliminate obvious landmarks from my photos.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMontanaAlum View Post

I'm excited to see what that fishery can produce in the next couple years. By the looks of it, it will be fantastic. I'm jealous!
I am not talking about this forum, but since you brought it up...

Check the shocking data from the caney fork and see how it handled the mobs which descended on it last year. To save you the time I will tell you, it is in horrible shape now.

Call some of the flyshop owners in Nashville, and ask them what they think about forum river chatter, and the negative imapcts.

Ask the mearns quail in Southern Arizona, about how they like what internet forum chatter did to their populations.

Overall I would say that forums are a good things as they bring people together. But as has been demonstrated a bunch of times now, they can really negatively impact a resource as well. Look no further then the mobs which have now descended on the South Holston after the "43" brown was slathered all over the internet.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 AM

You guys may think its bad now....

Wait till this movie comes out:
http://www.theriverwhy.com/

Remember the Clinch after Brad Pitt became a fly fisherman?

The book is excellent, as I am sure most of you know.

So far, they don't have any big name actors, so it may stay away from the spotlight.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM

Default Granny

I was told that Brad Pitt was soon to do another River Runs Through It type film.? There's been chatter some time ago on another forum. The gent that did all the tying for the film was the one making the chatter. Apparently he was under contract making flies for the new film and his client Mr. Pitt himself.

As for my response to puking, it's in disbelief that guy! Object to something and then sow the benifits of it. Though I really don't see how the slots have effected the Clinch just yet. Give it another year or so and then we'll talk about it! And BTW, how about a DH section!

As for the location X factor, I too have struggled with linking post's to a given body of water. Though I will say I've had good success and bad luck in just about every river. Posting to both in the past.

I partially agree with what Waterwolf has to say on the Caney having fished it 4 or 5 times this fall! It is suffering severe over crowding. During low water your best bet is to leave the boat home or suffer playing wader plinco downstream. Not to mention fighting rediculous boat traffic. Most of which don't have any stream ettiquette!

I also agree that the South Holston Tailrace has too suffered smathering on the net. I can't help but say I added to that effect by posting as much as I did on that river. I also was able to fish that river prior to it exploding with bodies literally lining the upper four miles of that river.

As to the shocking results on the Caney, well, I just won't go there. I feel if I do then I'm adding to what this conversation is all about! And if you don't understand that, well good!

There has also been much talk regarding a fly shop and their methods used to catch spawning fish standing atop a bridge a pointing out monster fish to thier clients. Is it right? Well you must ask yourself alot of questions to properly answer that but I'll just say, "NO!" Do they have the right to do it, "YES!" and in the end a picture of that client with his big brownie gets posted on thier website and then circumvents the net!

All of which has made me wonder why Paula and Byron haven't paid Daniel's salary for a month to go slay a monster in the park! Just go's to show why I like spending my hard earned money there!

Ultimately while we gripe about our waters being crowded we also gripe about the expenses of fly fishing equipment. This is case in point on "You can't have your cake and eat it too!" Without larger numbers of fly fisherman you'll never drive the prices down on gear! In our beloved state it appears to be a fine balancing act, or at least that's what I've come to believe! On another note, I'm hearing the new thing on gear will be better product for cheaper while were in the rut! <--Here's to wishful thinking!

~Brett
Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM

It's not neccessarily the fly-fishing crowds which have destroyed our rivers from time to time. It is the hoards of bait slingers and plug rippers. Most fly fisherman release 99% of what they catch, and as long as they treat others with respect we can usually co-exist. However, the new generation of fly-fisherman seem to lack the courtesy many folks do who have been around for a sunset or two.

The list continues to grow as to resources which have been killed from publicity. You can add the Cumberland in KY to the list as the masses descended on it as well thanks to a few choice articles, and internet chatter. The leakage issue made the problem worse as you now have unethical folks hammering on fish who are stressed by warm water temps in the summer rather then using judgement and spending time elsewhere.

The clinch is returning, but the return will be short lived if the chatter gets too loud. Think before you post...