Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Default Hazel Trip

I know it is too early but I just cant help myself...... a long time friend and I are headed into Hazel next week for a three day backpack fishing trip..... water will probably be below 50 and not as good as possible ....... but then hazel at is worst is still pretty darn good........

this is a friend I taught to fly fish on a colorado back packing adventure last summer so this should be a great place to get him some more experience.

Wish us luck ...... pics and story to follow....... feel free to offer any advice you deem appropriate....... i will take all of the help i can get.

DD
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

DD,
Send me a couple of them fancy segars and a bottle of that bug juice you like so good and I'll tell you everything you need to know
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 PM

in trade for some of them stellar flies you tie we got us a deal......... we need to get a davidson trip one fot ehse days as i dont see you going anywhere else these days

DD
Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 AM

Hazel Ck is magical, no matter the time. Don't know how far up you are going, but if you get to Bone Valley, you might try fishing up that creek and Cold Spring, the next one up the trail. They are smaller, and might have warmer water. Smokey Slam is possible on Cold Spring, I have one. Should have the pick of campsites, we usually go into Bone and stay for three to four days. Take pleanty of flies; the bushes eat them. Pls post results; I will try to get there this year. Skip Watson
Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM

hw3 - It would appear you've never read any of DD's posts on other message boards. He will post a narrative, complete with pictures, that will rival any article you've read in any flyfishing magazine. When you read it, you'll feel like you were along on the trip. Guess I'm putting the pressure on him, huh?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:18 PM

Old Tom is so right. DD could write a trip report about fishing in a ditch behind his house and make you want to go
Old 03-13-2009, 03:14 PM

Old Tom: Is that the cabin up Bone Valley Creek in your posting? Looks familiar. Once hooked, he broke me off because I was in shock, abt a 16" Brown in a small pool no bigger than a bathtub just below a small falls in Bone, that hit as soon as the stimmie hit the water. There are some large Browns up there. I think they eat rainbows. Skip
Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Good eye. Yep, that's the Hall-Kresse cabin at Bone Valley. Good memories of fishing trips with my son.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 PM

gotta love the pressure and build up but thanks for the kind words........ not sure anyone can do full credit to ahzell but i wil try.

DD
Old 03-13-2009, 07:29 PM

Default When is the book coming out?

Seriously DD, I'd buy it if you would just write it. Your fishing reports make me feel like I was there. I've even thought I could smell the steak cooking on the fire, cigars and sage brush a time or two when I was reading them. Do it!
Mike W.