Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Default Advice or Tips Fishing around Townsend

My wife and I are going to be staying in Townsend for a few days beginning 5 April. I really love fly fishing for trout although I am not very good at it. Looking at area maps, I think we will be fishing mostly on the Little River, probably wading. Now to my question, are there places along the river you can park and wade, where are the best areas, and where are the areas to stay away from? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM

there are places along the Little River to park and wade most are not on the maps but here is a link to a map for the park....hope this helps. Every where is great to fish...just try not to fish behind someone and you will have better luck. Stop by LRO and talk to them and I am sure that they will help as much as possible

www.nps.gov/carto/PDF/GRSMmap4.pdf

Mark
Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 AM

Check in at LRO when you get to town. If you ask, they can clue you in to all the little details. Tight Lines. TDS
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Similar question as Tedious, only I also have a 10 year old daughter who wants to put her new fly rod to use!

In addition to places on the Little River are the any places within Cades Cove or around the area, where the family can go to fish without having to hike a significant distance (.5 miles or more)?

Last time at Cades I fished the horseshoe, or at least that's what the map said. I know I'm not trying that with the wife and daughter in tow.

Can't wait to stop in LRO!

Thanks in advance,

JasonS