Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 PM

Default Northshore

Hello,

Looking for some advice on some areas along or near Northshore Dr. for some carp fishing. Geared up over the winter for the golden bones. I've driven up and down North Shore around Concord, etc. to look for a decent place (i.e. Shallow Carp Flats) and just can't seem to see anything that is not awkward looking or that you could get to without a boat.

Not really asking for a honey hole...Just a good place to start. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:10 AM

Just past the concord sailing docks is "the Cove" park, at least thats what I think it is called. The shallow cove along its driveway and Northshore is full of carp when it warms up, their pond is also full of them but usually stays pretty muddy. Walk their banks and you should be able to cast easily and catch plenty of carp on wooly buggers fished painfully slow to sighted fish.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:23 AM

In the summer walk the trails across the road from Concord park, near the 9 hole golf course, and all the banks are super shallow and you can usually find them in there pretty easily. Have fun with the down pine trees and fish super heavy tippet.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the info. Can't wait to try and hook into one! Sounds like a blast on fly. When do they usually start going to the shallows?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM

When the sun reaches 70 degrees in the sky and directly aligns with the seventh star away from the earth at midnight. H*ll I don't know! I would start looking for them around the end of may or first of june.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:08 PM

Thanks Waterwolf. I was hoping you were going to say the eighth star at noon, but beggers can't always be choosers...I appreciate the advice! May/June sounds like a winner though!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 AM

Default The Cove

I fly fish cove park a god bit when I take my kid over there to play. Popping for bream is a favorite past time as well as carp hunting. If you have a canoe, you can rent one from the outfitter at the park, paddle one cove over to the island and fish between the island and the shore. Lots of big carp. Also, at the point of the park that faces the yatch club there is a sand bar by the big willow tree that goes out for about 20ft that is about knee deep. This will give you some room to cast without hooking somenone. Heavy leaders and a slow strip.

Mark
Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM

Thanks Mark! That's great info. I really appreciate it!