Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 PM

Default Tellico area

I'm headed to Tellico and the North Rivers tomorrow. Other than the possibility of catching coyotes or wolves, has anyone been recently and how are the conditions?

Thanks

P.S. I live in an urban neighborhood in Nashville (near Hillsboro Village) and I have seen coyotes on my street. Spooky critters.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator

buster55

I lived in the Village area...what a great place! Pancake Pantry?

Coyotes? There? Wow.

Paula
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 PM

This is a great time to fish that area, I plan to hit the North or maybe the Bald River this weekend myself. You should hit the North tomorrow since you cannot fish the upper Tellico section on Fridays. Fish early or late for the possibility of getting a rare Tellico brown. Fish or no fish, it is a very beautiful place, enjoy!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Default Tellico

Hey Buster, better forget bout the coyotes and just worry about Grumpy! He's over there somewhere.

Good to see you on Wednesday, hope you have a good trip to the Tellico area and catch one for me

Leo
Old 04-18-2009, 08:43 AM

If you have your waders you can always try and run away in the river I guess? They probably swim very well and may attack you just the same -

Then, it would be an odd story - fisherman, attacked and drowned by coyotes...-j/k
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 PM

Smile Tellico Report

Had a great time in a wonderful place. It would have been perfect but for the two spin casters. The two oblivious "fishermen" decided to wade in on a perfect pool about 30 feet down stream from me, right on top of rising fish, and proceeded to stomp around where I was about to cast. With 20+ miles of river, why do people do that? (rhetorical question of course) As ticked as I was, I decided that my goal was to relax and have fun, so I left to do just that. Got into some fast dry fly action late in the day on Saturday, and generally enjoyed myself a great deal. I would have done better if could get my nymphing chops back. BTW, I was ready for them coyotes/wolves if they got after me. I took my snorkle!

Paula, I didn't know you used to live in the Village area. Yes, we now have urban coyotes. Small pets have gone missing and family dogs get riled in the middle of the night. Not as many possums as there used to be.

Leo, good to finally put a face with a name. I look forward to seeing you again. I didn't see Grumpy. I was hoping to follow him around and find the really good spots.

Later
Alan a/k/a Buster
Old 04-21-2009, 07:59 AM

I hate that i missed you Alan, i had a great time fishing the North, Bald & a lil crick or two in between, didn't have any other fisherman at all in the areas we fished.
It didn't appear to have the numbers of fish as in years past, i didn't fish up there at all last year on account of the low water & feel that may have been a contributing factor. Of course, i always miss more than i catch, can't seem to keep my eye on the fly with so much beautiful scenery to look at
I came home & told the wife to pick a weekend next mont, i'm ready to head back.

Grumpy
Old 04-21-2009, 11:43 AM

We had our outing last month, with 12 fisherman. the first comments I got was how are all of us going to fish one river? With over 20 miles of river that leaves over 1.5mile per fisher. Why crowd someone? And that does not even count the other streams. I f fished the whole weekend and rarely ran into another fisherman.
I also attended a TU/MTFF combined meeting last night that had Steve Moore as a speaker. He has data that most GSMNP Fisherman do not get father than 1 mile from a road. I think he said it's around 90%, that leaves a lot of water where one can find uncrowded waters if you are willing to hike for a couple of hours.