Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Default Elkmont campground Spring trip 09

Spent the latter half of the week camping at Elkmont. My wife, kids and I have been going every spring break for almost 15 years now. Lots of time just relaxing, some short hikes, and a little fishing also!
click to start the slide show.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Looks like a great time.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the photos....love camping there....just a great place to kick back and forget about all your problems....have my reservations for June and September....water looks a lot better than the last couple of years.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM

Great pictures, I love it up there. it was really nice to bump into and meet you up there. thanks for the advice on the way out i could see how crowded the loop was. SeeYa

Carolina Boy

Barry Murphy
828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"
Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM

Yes, it really is a great place to relax and forget about the day to day worries. We look forward to spring break every year.
Carolina Boy, great to meet you also. Friday evening and saturday was by far the most crowded fishing days. Got to watch out for those flying bobbers, the size of hand grenades, sometimes also! You never know what you'll see in the campground. Thought two guys were going to fist fight on Sunday morning over getting my site as I was leaving.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Have never had anybody fight over my campsite but I have had people come into our site while eating breakfast wanting to know how much longer before we were leaving...things like that only make me eat a little slower Looks like it is going to be a crowded camping season this year....economy Two weeks ago I tried to reserve a specific site that my fishing buddy and I have become partial to for the last week of September and the site is already booked....also tried to get a site for mid June and there were only three sites left in the whole campground that would accommodate my pop-up....
Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 AM

Gary,
And here I thought you were roughing it!! That's a nice rig! Great to see you and the kids got out in the water for some fun, looks like you found some decent bows too. Take care, God bless!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran View Post
Gary,
And here I thought you were roughing it!!
No roughing it for me anymore, we even bought the fancy "Nathans" hotdogs to cook over the fire! HA HA

After 16+ years of tent camping, sleeping on the ground and leaky air mattress, the wife ask for a camper. You know the ole saying, "when Mom's happy, everyone is happy", I wish I had sold the boat years ago and bought this! We actually go more often.

I still have my small tent for short quick fishing trips. Are you coming to the CFF smallie trip on the New in June?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM

I heard that! I don't miss the tents too much, the rest of it I love. I wish I could get out for that trip, we're leaving out of Norfolk on 5-31 for Nassau and Freeport, won't be back till 6-6 so I'm gonna miss you guys. I'm heading your way again on July 4th week. We'll be out in Gatlinburg 6-28 through 7-5 up on the Greenbriar side up 321. Hope we can get up an evening trip with you then. Maybe I can get your son to show me a tactic or two on those trout!!!