Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to mciupe
Default new in the forum

Hello,

My name is Mihai Ciupe, and I am from Romania. I now live in Florida and I miss Trout fishing. ( flyfishing). I am trying to make some friends in the forum and maybe find somebody that would like to plan a fishing trip with me. i like to think I am a fair company for it.
Please replay when you have time.
Thank you,

Mihai
Old 04-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Welcome to the board Mihai. How is the trout fishing in Romania? How long have you been living in the states? There are some wonderful places to trout fish in the southeast but it will be a fairly long drive for you depending on where you live in Flordia. There should be plenty of good places to catch fish though in Florida to help you get by while waiting on a trout trip.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 PM

Thank you for your welcome. There are some good flyfishing places in my country but I dont get to go there too often. I am living now in North Florida, Gainesville. I can , and I do fish around here but my love is trout fishing on a fly.
Georgia is the only South place I can think of. Its fine in early spring but not in august, when I want to go.
Thank you again
Mihai
Old 04-21-2009, 04:39 PM

Welcome.....at one time I too was located in Gainesville while attending school and ached to be flyfishing for trout....cannot tell you how many times I cut friday classes to drive all night to the Smoky Mountains to fish for a day or two and drive back in time to make classes on Monday morning....probably the closet place for you to get any trout fishing would be the Chattahoochee outside of Atlanta.....that's 5-6 hours from you....I used to fish the Smokies in August before heading back to school and had some great fishing.....the N.Car. side of the park around Bryson City is probably the closest to G'ville...while in Gville I spent many an afternoon over on Lake Sante Fe in Melrose fly fishing for bass and bream....while not trout fishing it scratched the itch for a while.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 PM

If you wanted to save about an hour or 2 driving all the way to the park you could hit the Hiwassee which is rather close to the TN/GA line. Also Tellico area is closer for you. However you wouldn't be able to visit Little River Outfitters if you didn't drive that extra 2 hours. I generally don't have a great deal of notice when I get to fish or I would meet your somewhere and fish with you. Best of luck to you and welcome to the message board.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Welcome to the board. You will find folks from most any part of the country on here so hopefully you will be able to hook up with someone who fishes from your area......

My church hosted an Interm Youth Pastor this past fall who was from Romania.....absolutely wonderful young man, we are hoping he gets another opportunity to return.....

Just fyi......Troutfest 2009 (in Townsend) would be a great place for you to meet other flyfishermen. Kinda short notice but if you can swing it, there should be a ton of people attending

Anyways, welcome to the board....you will enjoy the folks here as they are very helpful and willing to share information....

bob
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM

Another option, Toccoa tailwater below Blue Ridge Dam in GA.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 PM

Welcome,

I will be in the Park on Memorial Day weekend if you would like to go fishing.

Dwayne
Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Thank you,

I am thinking to come over at the beginning of august.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyetrouter View Post
Welcome to the board. You will find folks from most any part of the country on here so hopefully you will be able to hook up with someone who fishes from your area......

My church hosted an Interm Youth Pastor this past fall who was from Romania.....absolutely wonderful young man, we are hoping he gets another opportunity to return.....

Just fyi......Troutfest 2009 (in Townsend) would be a great place for you to meet other flyfishermen. Kinda short notice but if you can swing it, there should be a ton of people attending

Anyways, welcome to the board....you will enjoy the folks here as they are very helpful and willing to share information....

bob
Thank you Bob.
I will not be able to come up north till august.