Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM

Default a word or two on Humphries

1),I do not know and have never met Joe Humphries.
2)I know he taught Flyfishing at Penn State.
3)Over the years,I have watched many tapes and DVD's on flyfishing,especially in the winter.There are fishing DVD's that are OK, some that are less than OK, there's lots of them that are real dogs.(the DVD showing the guy and his wife (mostly his wife..a babe)fishing the streams of the Smokey's is one of my least favorites)
4)Other DVD's are really good and instructional.
5)The best flyfishing DVD,as far as I am concerned,has to be Joe Humphries' "Casting in tight Brush" or something like that--Joe is a great teacher.There's lots to learn on this DVD.It is as though you are following behind him as he talks about technique etc.His casting tips work.He catches several nice brook trout,casting from places you could hardly turn around in,what's even better is he walks you through the process of casting from such places.Humphrie's audio is short,simple,and to the point,driving home some pretty complex casting concepts,with an economy of words that accomadates his vision of himself casting and fishing in such a way that you easily understand what he means,which means you can probably apply his casting tips next time your fishing.If you have never seen this DVD,give it watch..you'll be a better person for it.I have not seen Joe's nymphing DVD.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 AM

Talking

I like the ones with the "babe" in it,and there is no "E" in smoky