Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Campsite 47 or 44

Looking for some information about the river access, river size and overall fishing for campsite 47 compared to Campsite 44.

Fished Hazel the first week of April at Campsite 82. Are either of these two campsite similiar in water size. Have also fished most the streams on the Tn side if you think these two area have a better comparision.

Not planning to make this trip until the last week in September just starting my research.

Thanks for any helpful information.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:23 PM

The river is fairly good size and the only place the trail crosses the river is at 47. You should be able to do a search and come up with some information, I know there have been several things on here about it in the past year or so.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Mtnman, Thanks for your reply. I have read your report from last year and quite a few other reports that I was able to find. I did find your report and pictures from your last trip to 47 the most helpful and I was hoping you would respond to my thread.

I understand that there is no stream access. I was wondering during your last trip to 47 were you able to navigate up throught the stream and was there any way to hike around through the woods up stream.

I was wondering during your last trip how far do you think you were able to fish upstream from camp.

Thanks,
Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM

Hiking upstream through the woods will be more or less impossible. There is a lot of rhododendron, etc, but you can navigate up the streambed just fine unless the water is high. This is a good summer or fall trip when the water levels are normal to low...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 05-18-2009, 06:13 PM

The river is big and gets even bigger in some sections. It would be impossible to fish it if the water is high, but when it is low to normal water conditions it is navigable. The main problem is the first few 100 yards from campsite 47 up the river where there are big boulders that you have to go around, but once you have gotten past there it is very navigable. Also, one thing you will need to watch out for there is deep holes that will go over your waders so that you don't step into them. Finally, I don't know much about campsite 44, but I don't think you could go wrong with either one of them. I hope this info helps you on your decision on where to go.

Daniel Koeppel