Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-23-2009, 11:31 AM

Default Sham..............wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely you’ve all seen this God awful commercial more than you wish to count! I’m a sucker for some of these type commercials and went ahead and ordered these. They really do work for the most part (not exactly as seen on TV)…….but……..I’ve been experimenting with an “off label” use. These things are great for drying your dry flies as needed. I cut off a swatch and pinned it to my vest in a handy position, and whenever I inspected my dry fly after every six or seven casts would give it a “squeeze” and VOILA, another six to seven casts with perfect flotation. These could put flotants out of business, maybe I should give the company a call so they can advertise on the World Fishing Network…………and of course receive my poultry $1,000,000 for coming up with the idea ;-)
Old 05-23-2009, 12:13 PM

No fun in doing it that way. What you are supposed to do is give it several sharp casts to snap the water off the fly and hang it in a bush. By the time you get it out of the bush it will be nice and dry. Of course sometimes it get hung up just out of reach. Just as you are standing on tip toe about to get your fingertips on the branch, the leader snaps, and you can tie on a nice new dry fly while the old one hangs just over your head mocking you.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:56 PM

Talking But wait....there's more!!!!

That same pitch guy has another product that chops stuff up....I wonder if that would do for making dubbing? "act now, in the next 20 minutes, cause we can't do this alll day and we'll throw in some super floatant just pay S&H"
At least the sham wow guy is not as obnoxious as the Oxy Clean Guy....
"BILLY MAYS HERE for OXY CLEAN" Jeeze I Hate that Guy!
But I wonder if it Kills Didymo off of felt sole boots....hmmm?
Old 05-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Plunker,

Actually it does take care of Didymo quite well. If you soak the ShamWow over night in hydrogen peroxide it actually will return the felt to a very clean, like new appearance.
The only problem is that when you wake up the next day your hand appears like a big clob of snot (HE-HE) ;-)
Old 05-23-2009, 01:46 PM

Default LOL Dug....

SOunds like you need to watch some more commercials and look for one of those "Product Liability" ambulance chaser lawyers....

Sounds like a job for Bender and Bender ha!

Dang I watch too much TV
Old 05-23-2009, 02:24 PM

Default No more sham wow guy

I don't think we'll have to see him on TV any more. Arrested for battery on a prostitute recently, wouldn't think the company will keep using him

sb
Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 PM

Talking ROFLMAO @ Mug Shots

Looks like the Hooker got her shots in too. Brings a new light to shipping and handling charges.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:11 PM

I could be mistaken here.....so get the grain of salt out................but I think he IS the company!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
I could be mistaken here.....so get the grain of salt out................but I think he IS the company!!!!!!!!!
I wondered about that when I wrote my comments, but at rany rate I haven't seen the commercial lately

sb