Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 PM

Default Low water Clinch

Good day on the Clinch. It was Kid's Fishing Day, so there was minimum flow. Even with low water, the trout seemed to like BHPT's. In about 2 hours, I picked up a dozen fish, mostly small. I did get a 15 incher into the net (and immediately back into the water). No pictures. It figures that the one day I didn't take the camera........ Stung about a dozen more. The herons seemed to think I had a good spot too. After I started picking up fish, more of them decided to pay a visit close by. Plus a gaggle of Canadas thought they'd pay a visit, too. A couple dozen swam by and fortunately did not foul my fishing. I didn't try any other flies. The Pheasant Tails worked well enough.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 PM

Default Congrats there...Braun

First post and hopefully many more.

What were you using?

PS. Heart surgeons are like glorified plumbers ain't they? Clogged pipe here, reroute another?
Old 06-07-2009, 05:56 PM

BraunTrout
Give me a shout next time you plan to fish the Clinch. It is a great river and very easy to fish. Sometimes it is like fishing in a bucket if you just want to catch quantity.

However, like most trout - it is very aligned with the entomology cycle. If you follow it; then you are on the fish all the time....
to choose, to respond, to change.”