Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Default Cataloochee Valley

Hi everyone,

Iím new to the Forum but have been bumming information from you guys for over a year so, I thought I would finally return the favor (Sorry for the delay).

Over the Memorial Day I made a trip to the Cataloochee Valley area for a one day speck trip. On Saturday I hiked up the Palmer Creek Trail and fished some small tributaries. I'm not usually a counter but after catching a fish on a half hearted first cast I decided it might be interesting.

Three hours and fifty two brook trout later I decided to call it a day. Would have stayed longer but I needed to meet my girlfriend who had hiked the Boogerman Trail and was likely done by that point.

On the way out I chucked a couple near the horse camp on Palmer and caught a couple of bows.

The largest speck went eight inches with an average of around four inches. No monsters but all were trophies.

David
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Nice report. My dad, cousin, and I are going to camp at 39 for two nights and do the same trip you did, and after your report I really can't wait to fish Palmer Creek and its tribs. I really need July to get here faster because I can't wait.

Daniel Koeppel