Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 PM

Why not look into the nature conservancy buying it? Is it viable environmental land? They seem to be buying all kinds of land in Tennessee and claim to be very concerned about protecting the waterways in the state.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM

Jim,

Is this the farm just upstream of CWF?

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 07-31-2009, 10:56 AM

This "issue" is one that I am very familiar with. Being involved in subdivision review and the development of the land from a governmental standpoint, I can see both sides of this issue. Within reason, a land owner can develop their property as they see fit as long as they follow a certain criteria regarding erosion and number of lots etc. The best thing to do would be for the Clinch River Chapter of T.U. to pressure the Anderson County/ City of Clinton Engineering/ Zoning officials to establish an STPA. (stream protection area), an area that is not open for development and usually is iput in place as an overlay zone in areas where development would interfere with the stream quality/ water quality.

Bottom line...a developer could give a rats rear less if you don't like to fish in front of a subdivision or not. Their business is developing property, bottom line. The only way to preserve and protect totally is to buy it yourself, or go through the local government to put things in place that regulate just how much they can do.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 PM

Default Development on the Clinch

I would hope that someone would over develop a plot like that, but it has happened before. It would not happen quickly in this economy. I wonder about the FEMA regs about flood plains now. The requirements regarding septic system placement have been made much stiffer from what I have heard.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:50 AM

It seems odd to me that there is concern over not cleaning your waders
before changing from one river to another to avoid aquatic organisms hitch hiking, but it is O.K. to build homes on a river.